Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Picture book about student interests

>

Ms. J

Picture book about student interests
Old 07-23-2018, 10:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The first week of school I want to have my 3rd graders fill out an interest survey, so I can learn more about them. Does anyone know of a picture book that talks about how different kids like different things-- foods, sports, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Ms. J is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Pic book
Old 07-24-2018, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know of one book , but how about using some biographies that show a person's life and interests? Wilma Unlimited by Kathleen Krull is excellent. Maybe Eleanor and Amelia Take a Ride.

There's a fictional book called Insects are my Life, which is a girl who loves and knows all about Insects.
Linda/OH is online now   Reply With Quote

cabernet

Old 07-24-2018, 04:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

From

Top 10 picture books with self-help messages

1. Penguins Hidden Talent by Alex Latimer
Penguinís Hidden Talent is a modern light-hearted tale about a Penguin who would love to take part in the big annual talent show but just canít find his own special talent. Itís a lovely reminder that we all have something special to give to the world, it just sometimes takes a little time and good friends to help us figure it out.

2. The Dot by Peter H Reynolds
Vashti says she canít draw. Her teacher thinks she can. The Dot is an inspiring story about how the power of someone believing in you (and the opportunity to look at something from a different perspective), can reveal greatness. The Dot helps us see that there is a creative spirit in all of us.

5. Giraffes Canít Dance by Giles Andreae, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees

Gerald dreads the great Jungle Dance every year because he canít dance like the other animals who laugh at him and call him a fool. As he creeps off feeling alone, a cricket helps him realise that we are all different and some of us just dance to a different tune! This funny and delightful story shows us the importance of compassion and the beauty of diversity.
cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote