Help

Classroom Management

Mindfulness and Growth Mindset

>

CalmClass

Mindfulness and Growth Mindset
Old 07-08-2019, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Lately my school has been focusing on programs that promote mindfulness and growth mindset to help with classroom management and support students who have extreme behaviors. We also implemented SWPB program that is really facing some challenges. Is anyone else using mindfulness and growth mindset with their students with success? Are you facing any challenges with these programs or having difficulty finding appropriate streamlined resources to use to implement these concepts? Has anyone found a program they love and have used with some success? Would love to have a plan to hit the ground running for the next school year. Thanks for your input.

CalmClass is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-08-2019, 01:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Growth Mindset became a big word a couple of years ago. We have had book studies and are encouraged to use it in our classrooms. I am not sure how it is used for classroom management or behavior management, though.

I am starting to equate growth mindset with the word "rigor."
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

CalmClass

Old 07-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I understand what youíre saying about it being associated with rigor. I look at growth mindset in that way as well, but also as a strategy to decrease frustration in students who might normally have difficulty and give up or act out which causes disruption in the classroom. Maybe Iím looking at it incorrectly or maybe thatís just a nice side effect of growth mindset from my perspective. Thank you for responding... much appreciated!
CalmClass is offline   Reply With Quote

1totravel

Old 08-22-2019, 02:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I do not know of a program regarding mindfulness and growth mindset but one way we introduce the concept of them is by using the Class Dojo videos that are on You Tube. There are 5 simple concept ones that you don't have to be signed up with Class Dojo to use.
1totravel is offline   Reply With Quote