The VENT

Jesus take the wheel

>

checkerjane

Jesus take the wheel
Old 07-29-2019, 10:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

or the whole d@mn car.

Most of yíall know Iíve been whining about wanting out of sped, not getting moved to open positions within our district, not getting a job I interviewed for, and that last year was hell.

There were two specific possibilities coming up this year (one of them being my ďthatĒ parent thread) and another that I donít want to post because it gives too much info, that really made me want out. There were many other ones as well, but these were two concrete ones.

Well, the 2nd situation came to fruition today. So, yeah, thatís awesome.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

noonespecial

Old 07-30-2019, 01:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am so sorry about your situation. It hurts when you have tried to change positions without any luck. It can be difficult to transition out of special ed.

Sending prayers of strength.
noonespecial is online now   Reply With Quote

noonespecial

Old 07-30-2019, 01:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am so sorry about your situation. It hurts when you have tried to change positions without any luck. It can be difficult to transition out of special ed.

Sending prayers of strength and an easy, smooth response for the issues.
noonespecial is online now   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 07-30-2019, 03:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Donít know how close to retirement you are. Maybe this is a sign that either it is time to retire or leave the profession.

Itís unfortunate that you didnít get the opportunity to move into a regular ed. class. Do you think it was because your special ed. position was hard to fill or maybe because your principal thought you would be a good fit for the student with ďthe crazy motherĒ?

You have my sympathy.
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Very sorry...
Old 07-30-2019, 04:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

All you can do is the best you can do. You asked for a transfer and administration kept you where you were. It was their choice to put you in this position, not yours. Wishing you the best and hoping it gets better for you.

NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 07-30-2019, 04:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In my system, it has been almost impossible for a good sped teacher to return to a regular classroom. Principals just don't want to let them go, and there's a "gentleman's agreement" among principals not to hire someone else's sped teacher. I don't know if that's the case where you are. I'm sorry.
Cassyree is online now   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Have you considered...
Old 07-30-2019, 06:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Perhaps consider applying to a completely different district or just sub for the year until you find a job that's a good fit for you? Subbing may be rough, but it can be a way to get your foot in the door. Plus, you could see which districts and jobs you'd be able to tolerate.

I just quit SPED myself... and to be honest... I don't miss it one bit!

So much politics, "passing the buck," drama, back-stabbing, and LIABILITY. It's just not a reasonable field to deal with in my view.

Wishing you much luck. Sounds like a rough situation. I know from first hand experience.

Last edited by subasaurus; 07-30-2019 at 07:25 AM..
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Candy525

I agree!
Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I 100% agree with you! I subbed for awhile in Sped in a long sub position! Figured out quickly that is not what I wanted. God bless Sped teachers! I had a friend principle tell me this is not what you want. The next school year, the only sub phone calls I got were for Sped. So I just resigned.
Candy525 is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 08-02-2019, 03:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

You may need to resign for a year and then reapply. Sometimes itís the only way around the transfer issue. Say youíve had some family issues come up, have decided to continue your education, etc., and therefore need the flexibility of subbing until the situation resolved. Then come back in a year and say that the family issues have resolved, so you are now ready to go back to a set schedule.
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 08-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Unfortunately, resigning and subbing isnít an option. In my area, youíre on a sub list and only work when youíre called. I canít afford it. I have to have a paycheck of a consistent amount and decent insurance - my husbandís insurance is crappy.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote