Help

The VENT

Iím fuming!

>

SummerRose

Iím fuming!
Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok so after years of going to school to get my masters degree I finally accomplished that goal and I have landed myself a much needed new position! This should be a happy time, but instead is filled with stress and annoyance. I work at a year round center-based school, so we are still in school right now. I was just notified YESTERDAY at 2pm that I was approved for this new position and that my last day would be this coming up WEDNESDAY. I have three days to clear my room so that the new teacher can start on Thursday. The biggest issue I have is with the messy principal. This woman told the parents I was leaving without giving me the chance to tell them first. Not only did she tell them that I was leaving, she told them I was pregnant which is a total violation of my hipaa rights, and planning to leave without saying anything to them. I got a very long and angry email from a parent that grew close to me during my years of working at this particular school. She was upset and felt I was unprofessional by not giving her the decency of telling her I was leaving and how short notice it was. I emailed the parent back letting her know that I myself had just found out that I was moving that day and how grateful I was for her support throughout the years. I also personally called each parent the next day to inform them I was leaving even though the principal had already done it. Everyone was understanding except the parent that sent the email. She never responded to my email and she didn’t answer my phone call. I’m done trying to contact her as I feel I have done nothing wrong. How was I going to inform her of something that hadn’t happened yet and it wasn’t in my control of how soon the switch would be. I was glad the switch was so soon so that I could actually have time to be off. Had I worked the entire summer I would have had no break at 6 months pregnant and quite frankly I’m tired. At least now I can have a couple of weeks off before I have to start the new position. I think it was unprofessional of the principal and inconsiderate of the parent to send such a nasty email. I’m not a robot and deserve a break, I understand it was short notice, but it’s ADMINISTRATION’S decision.

Last edited by SummerRose; 08-02-2019 at 04:44 PM..
SummerRose is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

Sounds like the parent
Old 08-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

was told a pack of lies by the principal, and unfortunately believed them.

I would send back an explanatory email apologizing that she had to hear about the move from the principal before you had a chance to tell her, explain the timeline and tell her how much working with her child(ren) has meant to you over the years.

Depending on whether or not you will be working in the same district or have to have much contact with your STBX Principal, I'd at the very least write an email stating that you didn't appreciate her telling people about your pregnancy, (violating your privacy rights) and point out some other person might have chosen to make a formal complaint.

Congrats on the new position and enjoy your short rest.

Edited to add: I see that you edited your post to explain that you had already contacted the parent in question. So it seems to me that you've done all you can do to smooth things over, and you'll just have to leave it alone.

Last edited by PrivateEyes; 08-03-2019 at 06:31 AM..
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would send an email and tell the parent that you yourself had just found out about the new position that day. Apologize for how the P handled the situation and let her know you appreciated her "friendship".

I would report the P to H/R.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 08-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly it sounds like you already emailed the parent to explain you had just found out about the move yourself and how you appreciated her support over over the years. Not sure what else you could do.
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

Old 08-03-2019, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Maybe the parent is too embarrassed to admit she was wrong by not talking to you first before judging you. Or maybe she's just not the kind of person you thought she was.

RetiredKat is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That parent was wrong in her actions anyway. End of story. You really donít owe any of them an explanation. I left a couple of schools very quickly, and each time the p was the one to inform the parents. My pís werenít jerks about it and I drafted a letter (short and sweet) to send at the same time, but the p is the one who told first.

The mad parent crossed a line. Her friendship wasnít real, and it sounds to me like she might feel like a boss.

Enjoy the baby, your rest time, and your new position.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote