Help

The VENT

I need your help Again

>

QueenBee2011

I need your help Again
Old 08-02-2019, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I posted a while back regarding a fellow teacher telling my admin that I was forgetting things. Embarrassed, angry, and hurt.
My admin has not asked me to come in and meet with this teacher. We go back in two weeks so I'll have to work with her again. I recently ran into her and she gave me a dirty look, but when I greeted her bubbly and cheerful, she let her guard down a little. I have no idea why she would give me a dirty look. I think it should have been the other way around!
My question is, how should I handle going back to school. It is so uncomfortable for me to even be on campus. What a disaster!
If you don't know what I'm talking about you can read the original post
Embarrassed, angry, and hurt.
I appreciate all of your advice more than you could know.

QueenBee2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

I wouldn't think
Old 08-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

that an admin would have you come in on summer break, or even COULD ask you/her to come in on summer break.

Just keep on being the "bubbly and cheerful" person you presented to her. I'm not sure what else you can do. Any confrontation would make things more uncomfortable, not less.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

iloveglitter2

Old 08-02-2019, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been there before. One of my best friends at another school sat me down and reminded me that others actions are more to do with them than with you. I had a a very similar situation and initially I took it personally. After I left that school I found out that teacher had found her husband had an affair the year she was a jerk to me. Possibly, she took her frustration out on me because I was available. You have no idea what is going on in her world. You just be an awesome, happy teacher. Others will eventually see her negativity.
iloveglitter2 is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 08-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Go back in and just be yourself. Don't go out of your way to ignore her or engage her, just do what you would normally do. Your perception was that it was a dirty look, but she may have been thinking about something totally not related to you. Her treatment of you may be the one thing you need to forget. (I know, easier said than done, but at least try not to let her know that you are dwelling on it.)
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

whiteturtle

Old 08-03-2019, 03:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Go back happy and do a good job. Hopefully, if you did see a dirty look, it was because someone put her in her place. What she did was over the top. I HOPE your admin put her in her place!

whiteturtle is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Old 08-03-2019, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Act like the hurtful remark never happened. Just be your friendly self. It worked for you in your chance encounter this summer. It should continue to work. Hopefully, the incident will recede into the past, and you can go forward.
ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Be professional...
Old 08-03-2019, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would be professional and ignore her perceived rudeness as much as you can. Still, it might be uncomfortable to work with her. If you feel she is treating you poorly on multiple occasions, I would question her about it. There could be something totally unrelated to you going on, but at least you will have attempted to clear the air and solve any problems.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote