Help

The VENT

I've said my peace

>

Teacher_twins

I've said my peace
Old 08-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Today I was asked to write a letter of experience (?) about the AP at my former school. He is applying to be in training to be a P. So I gave them an HONEST answer.

In short, he does not possess the qualities of, what I feel, a good leader. Every year he was my AP we would discuss my schedule and the schedules of the other math teachers (I was team lead so I was responsible for drafting my team's schedules). Then over the summer he would go and do whatever he wanted without consulting anyone. I know I am not the only one he did this with.

This was especially true for me when I taught musical theatre. I told him my classes were audition only and they had to take chorus and drama the year before as a pre-req. It is a common practice in the county. I would open up my schedule over preplanning and half the kids were not selected. I had to FIGHT with him to get my classes balanced.

I am not entirely sure why I was selected to write this letter, seeing as I haven't spoken to him in over a year and he knows I was never fond of him. But, you want a letter of experience, I'll give you the real experience and not the experience he wants me to give them. I hate to say this, but if he was ever the P at my school, I think I would find a new school to move to.

Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 08-13-2019, 07:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Kudos to you for being honest in your response. You were thinking of the teachers who could possibly end up having him as their P. Nothing worse than a "leader" who has no consideration for those who fall under their leadership.
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 08-13-2019, 08:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Good for you for not feeling afraid of bulldozed to do anything differently from what you did!
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I would have told him no...
Old 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

While I applaud your honesty and objectivity, I would not have personally been able to write such a strong letter. I would have simply told him that I was unable to write a positive reference for him based on our mutual work experiences and that he should choose someone else.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

Old 08-13-2019, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I agree. "Getting back at him" in this way is unprofessional. You should have just declined.

peanut21

Sorry to
Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Be that person, but itís ďpieceĒ. Itís awkward to be asked for a letter when youíre not a fan. I feel for you.
peanut21 is offline   Reply With Quote