Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Kindergarten help

>

momteach310

Kindergarten help
Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am ordering books for the upcoming year for our school - K-8. We use the Treasures reading series in grades 1 - 3. The kindergarten uses letter books that have pages that go with the letters. There are some simple sentences. When I went to order them the rep said to me that someone must be teaching there a long time. When asked why - he said because those letter books are from the 1980s. I am new to this position and just ordering what they have used in the past. However - I would like to bring the Kindergarten into this century. What do you use in Kindergarten to teach reading - and sight words, etc? Do you use a series or what other options are there? Thanks so much for helping me. All advice is welcome!

momteach310 is online now   Reply With Quote

filehead

Great program suggestion
Old 08-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use morestarfall.com, kindergarten curriculum, and have had great success. Check out star fall.com which is a free website, their you will find more info on k program. Patents love it because they have the free component they can use at home to reinforce what their child is learning in class. We love it because it is effective, administration loves it because it is very cost effective.
Can't say enough good things about this program, it even incorporated social studies and science. Check out the math too, we use it in conjunction with Saxon.
filehead is offline   Reply With Quote