Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Facebook

>

Buzzworthy

Facebook
Old 10-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you do when a parent is making negative comments about you on Facebook? I was asked today by an aide in our building if I was having parent trouble. I said "no, why". Apparently a parent of a girl in my class said some rude things on Facebook about her daughters teacher. Obviously I am the teacher and although she didn't name names it is a tiny town and everyone knows who she is talking about...me. I did let my principal know and I know I should not take it to heart, but it is hard to forget about it when I see that parent pick up her daughter everyday.

Buzzworthy is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 10-06-2014, 07:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd print it out and give a copy to my principal. I'd maybe even call a meeting with principal and mom and show it to her. So sorry.
EllaKate is online now   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Yup...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree.

Make copies...give one to the principal and keep the other one.

Then make a conference appointment with the mom...or better yet, let the principal make the appointment. Have the principal lead the meeting, but you need to attend it too. He can tell her he was informed by others in the community about her Facebook post. It definitely needs to be discussed. He can ask her to tell those present what kind of problem her daughter is having in your class.

Perhaps she will get wise and take down the post after the conference. Most parents do not like being called to the principal's office any more than their children do!

Good luck and let us know what happens.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

pinkzebra0303

I would definitley call a meeting
Old 10-13-2014, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree that calling a meeting with the parent would be the best solution. If the child overhears her parent saying terrible things about you she may repeat them and that's never okay.
pinkzebra0303 is offline   Reply With Quote