Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

MobyMax with ipads

>

teach100

MobyMax with ipads
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My school has purchased MobyMax for all classrooms and we will be 1:1 ipads/Chromebooks this year. I am hoping some of you can help me out with how you managed the work time, rewards with your classes (I am 2nd grade). I have not used the website yet, but in reviewing it, it looks great for differentiating and tracking progress. I will definitely want to use it for the math facts, math skills and reading skills. The vocabulary looked good, too.

Did you use it for RTI or as regular classroom instruction?
How much time did you allot for different components?
Did you award badges and certificates regularly?
Did you post a chart in your room to show progress of each student?
How did you manage earning game time?
Did you use the messenger feature to connect with parents?

Thanks for any ideas or tips you have!!

teach100 is offline   Reply With Quote

MAMASUZE

I used it last year
Old 08-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

but not to really benefit. I'd like to know how others use the program.
MAMASUZE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lovemyjob2nd

Mobymax time
Old 10-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We love Mobymax. Our 2nd grade uses it at least 2-3 days a week in ELA and math. I haven't started using the badges this year, but now that my first 9 weeks grading period is done, I am ready to start playing with the reward side of it. I use it as a center, since we only have 4-6 per classroom plus the 3-5 student desktop computers. When the students go to computer lab 2 days a week, if they aren't on IXL for math, they are on MM for reading and/or math.

I haven't had them earning game time yet, but that's only because we really have several technology programs. I might give it a trial run to see how it goes.

I like using it at centers time or at RTI time so it is about a 15 minute time or more at centers, and up to 35 at RTI time. I would like to use a progress chart, but I am still determining how to do it since many of my kids are on lower levels. I do not want them to feel embarrassed.. So I will probably do it more by accomplishments, goals, badges earned, etc. Any program like this I use, I always do the parent connect. It does give the parents the choice to look in on what their child is doing. I also send home the parent information on the login because many of my students will login from home or grandmas or the public library, for those who don't have Internet access.
I enjoy the ability to see how long the students are working, what level they are on, the standards they are passing or not, etc.

Last edited by Lovemyjob2nd; 10-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Add info
Lovemyjob2nd is offline   Reply With Quote