Primary Grades (K-2)

South Korea - unit of study

>

mia11

South Korea - unit of study
Old 10-05-2014, 02:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,

The second grade class I teach is learning about South Korea as a multicultural unit of study. We have put together some activities but we really want make it more engaging and integrate it better with our language arts and math...

Has anyone here taught South Korea in thd primary years...do you have any tips or ideas to make this a fun learning experience?

Thank you for the help!

mia11 is offline   Reply With Quote

ArtsyFartsyII

Old 10-05-2014, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I took my daughter to South Korea when she was just starting 2nd grade. (this was 4 years ago) She was treated like some sort of celebrity because she had long, light brown hair and blue eyes. She'd have someone shout out to her from across the way "Beautiful! Like princess!" and old people giving her candy on the subway. Schoolchildren would crowd around her on the sidewalk. She's normally shy, but she started to enjoy the attention. People don't have ovens in their kitchens but they tend to have clothes washers.

There are a lot of interesting tidbits about Korea that the kids would be tickled to learn about, I think. :-) It's a fascinating country.
ArtsyFartsyII is offline   Reply With Quote