Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

stitch fix anyone?

>

deb603

stitch fix anyone?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:20 PM

I'm terrible at putting together outfits. I keep seeing Stitch Fix on my Facebook newsfeed and the outfits look soooooo cute! Does anyone have experince with Stitch Fix? Are the clothes really that cute? Did you love them/hate them? How expensive was each piece?
Anyone do another similar service?

deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote

SwollenAnkles

Yes to Stitch Fix
Old 10-04-2018, 01:17 PM

I use it and have had great success. I did luck into a great stylist though. She is also a teacher that styles on the side. She understood exactly the types of clothes I needed. Layers, washable, comfortable, professional, and fun. I told them I needed low price and she does great with that too.
SwollenAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote

msbrightside

Old 10-04-2018, 02:04 PM

I agree with previous poster. My first "fix" I kept one thing. A skirt. LOVVVE IT. second time around I kept two pieces, jeans which look amazing on and a dress that is super cute. Wanted to keep two more items, but too much money right now. I may steal previous posters idea and let my stylist know I need to look at options that cost a little less. Go for it!
msbrightside is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 10-04-2018, 04:32 PM

I tried it, but I didn't feel like the stylist ever really got my style and the things they sent weren't worth the price. I have one scarf that I kept that I love, and I bought something from every box just to use the deposit but I have never worn them. The one piece of jewelry they sent was a piece of junk I could have gotten for $5 at Walmart. I cancelled after the 3rd or 4th box.

I just read the previous posts about the pricing. I mentioned the price was too high in each review for things like a simple t-shirt and that necklace and I got an email letting me know that their base price was usually between $40 - $60 and that I needed to understand that. Um no, not for a t-shirt I could buy at TJ Maxx or Old Navy for $20 or less!
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-04-2018, 04:50 PM

I did one box a few years ago now. I will say that they sent me the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever owned. I also was sent a necklace that was nothing special, a top that fit very poorly, and a dress that was remarkably similar to a dress I already owned from Target (except theirs was 4x the price).

The last item in my box was a top that was plain but flattering; I intended to keep it until I realized it was dry clean only. I don't own anything else that needs to be dry cleaned and would never fuss with taking clothes to a dry cleaner. I only kept the jeans.

It was fun to get a "surprise" in the mail, but I've learned that I mostly prefer the old fashioned method of actually going and trying clothes on. It's just too hit or miss otherwise.

If you're specifically looking for an "outfit" rather than separate pieces, I would state that on your form they have you fill out. My stylist did listen to the comments I put on the form.

I wish they would have you send in pictures of yourself and then pick out things that would specifically look good on you. I have no eye for that kind of thing; I would love a service that does that for you! I do think stitch fix tries their best based on what you say, but that's not the same, IMO.

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 10-04-2018, 05:35 PM

I like Stitch Fix a lot! Mostly because I hate shopping a lot. I've gotten boxes where I've kept everything, and boxes where I returned everything (if you complain, they might refund the $20 fee), but most often I get 2-3 this I like and send the rest back.

I will say that they've pushed me somewhat out of my comfort zone. My best advice if you decide to try it is a) be very, very specific in your style profile; and b) try everything on. I often end up keeping things I thought I hated and sending back things I expected to love.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

deb603

Old 10-05-2018, 11:49 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of items that were sent to them?
deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote