Advice for a new second grade teacher?!?! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Second Grade

Advice for a new second grade teacher?!?!

>

kinderlady7

Advice for a new second grade teacher?!?!
Old 05-17-2021, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi! I am moving to a new school and accepted a second grade position! I am BEYOND excited as I have been teaching Kindergarten for 2 years and I am ready to move up.

I know my students will have the basics of school down and I am so glad for that. I am still expecting to practice expectations at the beginning for a while to get it down pat. I am SO excited to be able to work on developing a classroom community with my seconds as they are so much more mature than kinder, but still little and fun. Seriously I am so EXCITED!

Does anyone have any advice as a new second grade teacher? What do you decorate your classroom with? I have letter, number, color posters from my kinder classroom. Do you recommend those for 2nd? Any classroom management ideas that really worked for your kiddos besides the clip chart?? I will accept any and all advice! Thanks in advance!!!!!

kinderlady7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Kinder to second
Old 05-17-2021, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did that and never looked back. They do have some school skills, but they are still young enough to be awed. They donít need color, number, alphabet posters,but do need more sophisticated word walls, vowel,blends, math facts.
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote