Second Grade

Voice Levels

>

kinderlady7

Voice Levels
Old 08-29-2021, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all!

I started school on the 24th. So far SO GOOD!

I have one issue I want to ask about.

My students struggle with a whisper voice. I have done what I know how to do and I REALLY donít want them to get into the habit of not using a whisper voice. I need them to learn this whisper voice so I can work with a small group while they work independently and are able to help each other.

We have practiced the whisper voice each day. I had them practice whispering for 2 minutes straight. I have told them about when you whisper your voice has no vibrations and we have felt the difference between whisper and talking voice. Iíve also rewarded my whispering students with my classroom behavior plan and also done a while class consequence for not whispering (when students are too loud they earn a letter in LOUD and they have to put their head down and stop the preferred activity when the word is complete). They still do not have it. They start off whispering pretty well but within three minutes their voices are allowed againÖ

I would say they are not allowed to talk at all but I need them to be able to ask their neighbor for help if they need it while Iím busy!!

Any other ideas??? Thank you

kinderlady7 is offline   Reply With Quote