Substitute Teachers

ouch!

>

subczy

subczy

ouch!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I am at a school I used to work at as support staff. They had a school wide game this morning and teachers were asked to participate. The other subs got their named called, but I did not (the one calling the names out didn't know me very well but had seen me in this morning)

I could care less about the game. None of the other teachers stood up and said, hey mrs so and so hasn't gone! I knew they THOUGHT about it b/c all the teachers were paired off. I suppose it could have been simple greed - there was prize money involved (not sure how much) but honestly, if you are gonna call the other subs (who are barely known) and leave me out that is just plain mean.

I don't work at this school often, but even when I was support staff this is how I ended up feeling when I was working here most of the time. You know, so many of the teachers (and support staff) are such close friends I don't think they realize or maybe even care that being around them makes the environment very unhappy for the rest of us.

*sigh* I like the classes here too. They are great teachers w/ great classrm mgmt and great support from admin. Ever have one of THOSE days?

multigrade

Old 11-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm sorry. That DOES hurt. (It brings back memories of not being picked when I was young.)
They sound like a group who only think of themselves and not others.
multigrade is offline   Reply With Quote