Help

Substitute Teachers

God Bless Good Subs~

>

MissESL

God Bless Good Subs~
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

You are all my angels and I love you all!!

Last SUNDAY, I was on my way back to my parents' house--I had left my car there, and ridden with some friends to the city to see a musical. On the way back, I started to feel ill. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I slept the entire way and missed all the fun touristy things we were going to do.
By the next morning, I had a 103 degree temp, a headache to end all headaches, an ear ache, a throat ache, and a sinus headache on top of the fever headache! I called in, and the sub called me to see what he should do--I was all planned up, but of course, none of it was out where a sub could easily find it. I did the best I could to describe...

Went to the doctor Monday afternoon and was told that if there was not improvement in 24 hours, I would be put in the hospital. Additionally, I was informed I was not to return to school until today! THAT IS FIVE WHOLE DAYS!! I had a panic attack!

Well, I get to school today expecting all hell to have broken loose. But the subs were a husband/wife team that switched in taking my room when the other was busy. EVERYTHING got done, and then some that I had set aside just in case. They winged it, and did fabulously. I was never so happy as to come back and be CAUGHT UP and not to have to rush! Ooooooo, did those two get my praises to the rooftops! :-)

MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

skmusicgirl

Yay!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm glad you had a good team working for/with you! I just came home from subbing for a teacher who had another sub while she was out for over a week - and is still cleaning up the mess a few days later > (Now she knows to call me )
I hope you are feeling better too... now that sounds like a good Monday back!
skmusicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

3of3

Good Subs
Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are out there! I'm so glad that you have found the ones that work for you. It's nice to get the positive feedback that they deserve. So many of us do a great job and a Thank You and a callback is all we ask in return. Thanks for posting and praising the job that they did! Most of us rarely hear it!
3of3 is offline   Reply With Quote

dite

Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Getting a good sub is one of the best things in the world. Calling them back is sometimes difficult as other teachers discover how good they are. We get to have a preferred list so the subs we most want are called first. What a joy when a good one comes back.
dite is offline   Reply With Quote