Substitute Teachers

Asked to cover the office for an hour!!

>

Subby

Subby

Asked to cover the office for an hour!!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

No sub for secretary. Principal's meeting at Central Office. Small school. All of the class was gone on a field trip with another teacher. Principal asked me to answer the phone and push the buzzer on the outside door. Seems like he should have had me cover a teacher so she could be in the office. Seems strange that subs would be in the office answering the phone and possibly hearing confidential phone calls.

The class period couldn't end fast enough.

PSub

also
Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've filled in for the sec too (small school). I've wondered the same thing about confidentiality. But, as subs, we are bound to maintain confidentiality as well. I hear and experience a lot that fall under those laws...tchrs even talk to me about some things. I only sub in the one building and am there frequently -- so I am often treated like a regular staff member.

I think we just have to remember to follow the same rules/laws that the regular staff must. It's for our own protection as well as it is for the regular staff -- and the protection of the students of course!
PSub is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 11-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

if nothing else---keep your reputation intact--do NOT get involved in politics and definitely don't go spilling beans on what goes on with others with teachers/admin. at the school...this could spell an early death if the truth were to come out and it points back to you.....

too many times I've sat in on conversations between teachers in the teacher's lounge (never came back to bite me in the behind)....and I would be reading a book...but never repeated what they said...only on here
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

uh, no
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

if I could get out of it at all I would. But we all know how it is....I would do it and avoid ever doing it again. I used to be a secretary and I never worked as one for the school system, why? b/c they didn't pay enough. Even sub pay doesn't touch it. I know subbing in the offic eyou aren't expected tof ill the secretaries shoes, but I don't do office work for a reason. I hope no one ever asks me to.