How to say "I won't sub for your class again"? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

How to say "I won't sub for your class again"?

>

Subby

Subby

How to say "I won't sub for your class again"?
Old 11-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am in a certain school for much of my time. Almost everyday. There are a few that I don't like subbing for. Don't you hate it that you don't know how to say it. I hate to say it but I have lied once about another commitment. It is usally the worst teachers who try to get a familar face to be in their room. I think every school has certain teachers that nobody wants to sub for. Bad kids, poor plans, first period planning and early lunch, extra duties morning and evening etc..

subczy

subczy

wrong attitude...
Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

most of ours is done via aesop which takes away a lot of asking. However, when they do ask face to face and I don't want to I don't consider it lying when I say I have another commitment and can't work in their room. My commitment IS that I vowed never to work for you again. BAHWHAHAHHHH - so it ISN:T a lie.

MsRLuvs2Teach

that's a tough one...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've done some lying in the past but recently, I subbed for a teacher I know pretty well and her student would go crazy at the end of the day. I had subbed in her class before and again, they were a tough group of 6th graders. (I've never clicked with 6th grade) Anyway, I was supposed to sub for her again, but I just thought enough is enough. In the note I left, I simply said if she had anyone else in mind for future dates who would have a more successful day with them. She called and said she'd try for a male sub next time. (it's sexist but it's true; male subs get more IMMEDIATE respect)

Bottom line, you have to say no sometimes. Otherwise, you're in for a day of babysitting as opposed to teaching.
MsRLuvs2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

sonshine

Sounds like you know what to say...
Old 11-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

"I'd really rather not sub for you." You also seem to have your reasons if they ask. Hard as it is, being upfront is best. I've had a year where subs didn't want to sub for me twice and I never took it personally--in that case it was definitely the class.
sonshine is offline   Reply With Quote