Help

Substitute Teachers

Class Grade

>

CaliSub

Class Grade
Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I often am requested to leave a letter grade to describe the overall class behavior for each period. If a "C" reflects average behavior, will the teacher think they were good or bad?
Curious how others grade their class behaviors. I want to be asked back to sub, but don't want to inflate a grade so a teacher will be happy when she returns.

CaliSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinder1

Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I often write notes but I don't give grades based on behaviors. I usually say it's been a pleasure to be in your class today as the students were very good. If not, then I usually mention what happened. However, I've been very lucky and haven't had really any troubles. However, I often think as C's as not being very good and always aim for student's to get B's and A's.
Kinder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

I'd probably "forget"
Old 11-24-2009, 09:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

that part of it. I take care of behavior as it happens. The are punished when it happens. If it is severe I do what I have to do, ie send to office, etc where THAT is taken care of when it happens. I leave notes for anything severe. I also leave notes on who lessons went, on if I feel something needs to have a reteach on it, and anythign else unsual. I would probably just say thank you for having me call me anytime and leave it at that. if I didn't want ot return then just say thanks and leave it at that.

I don't think a class grade says it all. It could be the class was unruly just b/c of the sub they got OR b/c of the TEACHER's classrm mgmt or many things. Everyone's definition of what they tolerate as a "c" is different.

LindyJo

Please leave a report,
Old 11-28-2009, 08:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

but I agree that the narrative style is better because it is more specific. I like to know how the kids behaved and follow-up after a sub, if necessary. I think it helps future subs too because the kids know that I respect the subs in our room and expect them to as well. It is much better to read in a sub's note that something went wrong than to hear about it days later from my co-workers! Please be honest with the teachers!
LindyJo is offline   Reply With Quote