Help

Substitute Teachers

frustrated vent

>

ciounoi

frustrated vent
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've had to cancel several jobs in the past two weeks because of some health issues. I'm also having a lot of trouble sleeping. I think it's due to stress... I am a full time student as well as subbing pretty much full time. I'm so frustrated because I love subbing (and the income), and I hate canceling at the last minute because I only got two hours of sleep. I miss being peppy. I'm wondering if I should just take off the month of December since I'm not getting anywhere like this.

Thanks for letting me vent.

ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Kataqueens

You should
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Well, considering the fact that you're under a lot of stress balancing both school and work, I think you should make subbing more of a part-time than full-time job. Don't work every day; instead devote days off to studying and finishing up the semester. The stress is just going to weaken your immune system even further, which it sounds like it has already done. Are you living alone and need to support yourself? Also, is this college or graduate school? I hope this helps; there's nothing wrong with venting, ever! (especially here)
Kataqueens is offline   Reply With Quote

thordau4

Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I hear you on the sleep issues. I'm not sick often (knock on wood) but lack of sleep has derailed me more than a few times. I cut out caffienated beverages and that helped. Also when I wake up in the night and feel frantic because I can't get back to sleep, I tell myself I will cancel the days job if I am still awake in an hour. That usually calms me down enough to sleep. Stress is a sleep killer, huh! Gosh, how to fix that? I think just giving yourself permission to take the rest of the month off will calm you right down, won't it? ? Then maybe you can get enough sleep to get a couple days subbing

I was just checking the calendar and in a few short weeks, we will all have a couple weeks off. I don't like working the last few days before Christmas break, so my weeks off are coming soon. I hope to make better use of the time than I did for T-day break...
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote

ciounoi

Old 12-04-2009, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for the words of cheer. My classes are over pretty soon, so hopefully my body will be able to calm down a bit at that point.
ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote
MsDitty

MsDitty

Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hope you're feeling better these days. Wanted to air my own complaint this morning, too. Had a teacher ask me via e-mail early this morning (1:00 am according to the time stamp on the e-mail) if I wanted to sub this morning. I replied "yes" as soon as I saw the e-mail. I kept waiting for it to show up in Aesop, and searched for jobs to make sure it didn't just appear as an open job. Passed up a couple of jobs that were available thinking that I was already working. 8 am, still nothing posted. So I call the school to see if she got a sub already and found out she canceled the job. Oh well, guess I can get some Christmas shopping accomplished today!

YILuv2Teach

Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

MsDitty- I've had that happen too! Isn't so frustrating?! It happened to me twice within a short period of time, so I decided after that, that I will not pass up any jobs while I wait for the teacher to respond to me saying "yes".
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote