Substitute Teachers

Junior High Again...

>

Sub4now

Sub4now

Junior High Again...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am stuck subbing for Junior High again. I had a horrible experience at this school last time I went but I don't really have a choice because I need the money. I am a music teacher subbing for math. Any suggestions would be appreciated! (Although, I know not many people will read this before tomorrow!)

Amberlee

My main suggestion
Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is to keep them busy. The busier they are the less they act out. So if you think they will finish what the teacher left before the end of the period, be prepared with 'fast finisher' work of some sort
Amberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
barbara s

barbara s

math ideas
Old 10-13-2009, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I tried to post this the other day, but I included a Web address, and the message got blipped. Sorry. Some really good math lesson plans are on the Illuminations site sponsored by the National Council of Teachers of Math. Do a search for it, since I can't include the URL. Sorry! Anyway, you can search by strand and grade level, and everything is there. I'll warn you that some of the plans are pretty complex and you might get mired in photocopies. However, it's quality stuff. Hope that helps.