Help

Substitute Teachers

It's only Monday?

>

3of3

It's only Monday?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Boy am I tired! It feels like I've been working all week and then I realized that it's only Monday! Bummer...anyone else pooped out from subbing?

3of3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sub4now

Sub4now

Me too...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am so tired today. I cannot believe it is only Monday. Oh well, at least we are getting jobs!

YILuv2Teach

Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure the rest of the week will fly by, but today I can't believe I'm this tired and it's only Monday!
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

kjuda

Think of it this way...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was trying to explain to my husband why subbing is so stressful and exhausting (though I love it!) last night. I am new to subbing in this area as we've recently moved here, so every school is a new experience. I explained it this way: can you imagine that EVERY day is like the first day on a new job. New people, new bosses (the principal and other teachers and paras) and new coworkers (the classes of kids) who love to tell you that you 'aren't doing it the way Mrs. So and So does', which translates to "you're doing it wrong!" And you don't know where the bathrooms are, and you are only allowed to go to the bathroom on your 20 minute lunch break. And, by the way, you will be supervising your 'co-workers' during their lunchtime. At the end of the day, you must write a report to the boss who was out for the day, explaining and defending what went on throughout the day!

I didn't mean to sound so negative, I just really wanted him to understand what subbing is like. He laughed and said, "you don't have to convince ME, I wouldn't go into a classroom full of kids on a BET! Especially kids I don't know!" (he is an engineer!) Gotta love that man.
kjuda is offline   Reply With Quote

myownwoman

Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

So if teaching is so hard, then why aren't teachers as a whole (subs included) respected? I do not want to mention salary, but as we all know teachers do not make nearly as much as say engineers or business people do.

Something is definitely not right.

myownwoman is offline   Reply With Quote