Help

Substitute Teachers

Canceling on AESOP

>

Lakeside

Canceling on AESOP
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone ever had to cancel a job you that had previously accepted on AESOP? Does it just go back out there for someone else to take? Is there a time cutoff? Is it counted against you in any way? Thanks.

Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

berrygirl

Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I cancelled on Aesop once but it was very soon after I had accepted the job. Yes, I believe it goes back out for someone else to accept. I don't know if there's a time cutoff but I would imagine that the earlier you do it, the better. And I also don't think it's counted against you, however, I wouldn't make a habit of it. But if it's an infrequent thing and you cancel early enough for them to find another sub, I doubt anyone is going to holid it against you. We're only human - people get sick, things come up. Just try not to make a habit of it and do it as early as possible if you must cancel.
berrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

don't cancel a lot (here it's just 3x's) and you're on the bottom of the list...that is why I'm extremely careful of what I choose...I look over the grade, teacher, school, time because if I'm paid peanuts then it better be worth my time...
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

thordau4

Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

yup, it goes back out there for someone else to take. Once I met the woman who picked up the job I dropped right after I dropped it. We got to know eachother subbing around the district. Last month I picked up a job that was more HER niche. When I saw her at the HS, I asked her if she wanted it, she did and I called the sub coordinator and asked her to take me out and put the other sub in, which she did. I don't think its a big deal to cancel. It's not like calling in sick too much to a regular job. Schools increased their sub pools since I started. Jobs don't go unclaimed.
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote