Help

Substitute Teachers

Evaluations?

>

3of3

Evaluations?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How do you know if you'd been given a bad evaluation, or a good one for that matter? The district I work in uses SEMS subfinder. I've subbed for years now and never have been informed either way. I get plenty of callbacks, so I guess I must be doing something right but it would be good to know if and where I had any negative evaluations. Anyone that uses SEMS subfinder, let me know.

3of3 is offline   Reply With Quote

blanche46

Our county...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

used to use SEMS and now we use SmartFind Express and in the 3+ years I have subbed I have never had to give an evaluation on a teacher nor have I been given an evaluation by a teacher(that I know of). Not even a verbal one, and I only work at one school. The only way that I know of that I am doing a good job is if the phone rings the next day. In fact it kinda makes you paranoid when you see other people working(and all of the subs at my school all know each others cars) and you are not. I actually think it would be great if we could hear something...anything, as to how we are doing. I would love to be able to improve my subbing skills. But, if you have no idea anything is wrong...

Even so I still always leave my phone #, a card (if I am working for someone new) and a notation at the bottom of my note to "feel free to call me with any questions and to please let me know if there is anything I can do to be a better sub for you", and still not a word...

But, I work all the time, in fact I am scheduled everyday until the beginning of Nov. so I guess I can't be that bad!
blanche46 is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

here where I work the teachers leave comments about you and you can leave comments for the teacher...I don't ever see what the teacher types about me. we use AESOP
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
used to use SEMS and now we use SmartFind Express
I sort of thought they were the same thing? Or SEMS is the phone system and SmartFind Express is the internet system, but they're linked? Anyway, my main district uses both, and I've never received, or been asked to give, an evaluation of any kind.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

blanche46

I thought...
Old 10-17-2009, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

it was the same, but they made this big deal about listing it differently last year. Our website used to say SEMS now it says SmartFind Express, who knows, maybe one is the internet and one the phone. Anything to confuse us!

blanche46 is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

^ I wonder if it changed names last year? Because now that I think about it, my district made a big deal about how it was changing last fall, too, even though I couldn't notice any difference.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

qudiva

What a teacher told me. . .
Old 10-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

That's something that goes along with subbing - you never really get any feedback on how you're doing. That used to worry me - coming from employment where you got evaluations every 6 months. I mentioned this to a teacher once and she said that - if you're working all the time - that's your feedback. Over the years I've found this to be true - the subs that good work consistently - the ones that are bad get called last.
qudiva is offline   Reply With Quote