4k - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

>

multi

Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have the opportunity to send my daughter to 4K next year...at my own school. Before I had kids, I always said that I would never bring my children to the school I teach at. On top of that she turns 4 in...August. Thoughts? Advice?

multi is offline   Reply With Quote

angelajw

Preschool
Old 01-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My son is turning 4 in June and he will be going to preschool at my school next year. My older son is in 1st grade across the hall from me this year. We both love it. We talked befor the school year about always listening to his teacher even when I am around.

Last year he did not go to my school because the school was in the inner city and way behind on most skills. But we moved to a new state and the new school is a good match for both of us.

You have to decide why you "didn't" want your child to go to you school. Is is because of the school or because of your relationship. As for the relationship I will never "teach" my own child (if that is even allowed). As for her age - you know your child best and know if she is ready for school. My son cannot wait to go to school. Good Luck with your decision.
angelajw is offline   Reply With Quote