Help

The Job Search

job fair scoop

>

*Annie*

job fair scoop
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What's the scoop on job fairs for those of us looking for regular elementary teaching positions? Are they really just for the "high-need" areas even though they say they're for everybody? I went to one in CT a few yrs ago and some of the districts wouldn't even take my resume.

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tounces

job fairs
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They are real. I got two of my regular teaching jobs through them. In fact I just got a school district inviting me to come to theirs today. They are even setting me up with an interview time. I don't plan on going because I already have a job. I just sent them a resume last year so I guess they are starting to look again now for next year. There is a shortage here in Maryland-for regular ed too. So I guess it depends on where you want to work. Some districts go to them just looking for high-need areas too. I heard of some teachers going to the principals in person to schools they are interested in. A lot of the times, they are the ones who hire. Get your resume out there all different ways, let them know who you are.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote

ClaireDeLune

Lausd
Old 02-17-2006, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I went to one for the LAUSD and all they were looking for were Special Ed, math, and science. They were interviewing on the spot and giving mini-CBESTs. It was an interesting process; I got hired by the district that day, but still have to be interviewed by principals. New York and some other states are also looking for teachers in the same areas at their job fairs.

Bren
ClaireDeLune is offline   Reply With Quote

maureen70

job fairs
Old 03-01-2006, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It can never hurt to go to a job fair. Six years ago, I went to one in March. I ended up getting a job in a high-performing district that is rather difficult to get into. They passed on my resume to a principal who really liked it. You just never know.
maureen70 is offline   Reply With Quote