Help

Retired Teachers

Life frustrations

>

amiga13

Life frustrations
Old 12-19-2018, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

1. 2 hours to change the water filter in the fridge (supposed to be a 30 second job) on Sunday.
2. Yesterday I spent over an hour figuring out why my charging pad stopped working (it would take a tech savvy person 15 seconds).
3. Yesterday the bath/shower faucet literally slid off into my hand. In trying to fix it (clearly it was never connected correctly by the contractorís plumber) I managed to make it so I can only get warm water. Horrible shower this morning (Iím so spoiled). Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the good plumber calls back and is available (I texted him early this morning).

Letís hope this is an easy fix AND that this stuff comes in threes. I need a rest.

amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 12-19-2018, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I feel for you! The water heater on the kitchen/laundry side of the house is not heating water this morning. It was fine yesterday. I have baking on the agenda today so I may have to heat water on the store to wash the bowls, etc. after I am done. DH is home on vacation so heís headed to the hardware store soon to get what he needs to fix it.
ZipLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Fix it
Old 12-19-2018, 07:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You need to start your own DIY blog or videos on YouTube!
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 12-19-2018, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Itís particularly annoying when those kinds of things happen during a busy time like Christmas - and I would be whining about a lukewarm shower too!

Hope thatís the end of broken things and you get a plumber quickly!
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

fixes
Old 12-19-2018, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We woke up to a house that was 48 degrees brrr! The wind was so strong it had caused the pilot light on our gas furnace to go out. Emergency switch shut off gas flow and DH lit the pilot. I really should learn how to do that.

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
DH lit the pilot. I really should learn how to do that
Definitely, something you can do. Ours was out once when we came home from vacation. I called the gas guy and he said heíd talk me through doing it and save me the cost of the service call. Easy peasy
marguerite2 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 12-19-2018, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Yaaaaaay! The hard part was finding a plumber. Itís fixed! It works like it should have for the last 6 months AND I have hot water.

If I werenít retired and capable of calling, waiting, begging, being home....this would have happened after January 1.

Sooooooo thrilled on so many levels. Thanks for the good thoughts.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

The joys of home/condo ownership
Old 12-20-2018, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's like Murphy's Law, at the worst time for something to break, like holiday season, it will. I can sympathize with the poster who lost her hot water. My 8 year old hot water heater decided to stop producing hot water a couple of weeks ago out of the blue. I do have a service contract on it with my utility company, so I made the earliest appointment I could. The guy came out, thought it was dust under the heater, vacuumed it out and re-set the pilot. Later that same day, the pilot was out again and I had no way of reaching the repairman, nor apparently did the dispatchers from the utility company. Had to make another appointment. Different repairman came out, replaced the thermocouple, and so far, so good. Thank goodness for retirement so I could be around to deal with all the breakdowns. Hope your plumber calls soon, Amiga.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote