Help

BusyBoard

"A Book of Coupons"

>

PEPteach

"A Book of Coupons"
Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Someone mentioned that they read this book with their class and do an activity with it. It seems like a great book to read! I was wondering if anyone could share the activity they do with this book. TIA!

PEPteach is online now   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I use A Book of Coupons
Old 08-07-2010, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

as my first chapter book read aloud with my third graders. I give my students a book of coupons as a beginning of the year gift. I made them on DLTK's site online. They get one for skipping their nightly reading. One for doing every other math problem on homework one time and six other simple coupons like that.

I wrap their text books as a gift like the teacher in the story. They are stacked on their desk when they walk in. There is just some tissue paper around them and a simple bow. I want them to know that even though they have to return them at the end of the year they are still a gift. We discuss that their education is really a great gift.

As I read the book we discuss school a great deal and how important it is to do your best, learn as much as you can, use your resources, make friends.....

Since it is our first chapter read aloud we are learning how to make connections, raise your hand to contribute, listen attentively, sit on the rug and keep your hands to yourself and so on.

Sorry, I do not have more academic materials to share. Can't wait to see what other teachers say.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote