Help

BusyBoard

$200 to Spend

>

tmar

$200 to Spend
Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some ideas! Our PTO gave us money from a recent fundraiser. We can't use it for supples (which is what I really needed it for). It has to be for instructional materials. I'm a 35 year vet so I have tons of resource books, a document camera, responders, etc. What are some ideas of things you have used and love? I don't want to waste the money on something I regret later. I teach 4th grade.

tmar is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 11-21-2013, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you get a subscription to First in Math, Sum Dog or something similar? Science materials/subscriptions? Can you purchase a chromebook or kindle for the classroom? Good luck, I wish I had this problem.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That's ridiculous you can't spend it on supplies (I desperately need a new set if class whiteboards). Honestly I'd peruse a Lakeshore Learning catalog and find games, center activities and manipulatives and get those. I hate gifts with strings attached like that.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

supplies
Old 11-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

by supplies do they just mean like consumable stuff? If so, then I'd look at getting something that would be useful to have in the classroom. One of my friends just got a little personal laminating machine and laminating pouches for her students to use to make books with. That, to me, would be instructional. I'd love one of those new binding machines for making student books, rather than the one the school has. A nice paper cutter for cutting specific sized papers for projects.. what age students do you have?

What about class sets of materials like calculators, rulers, etc. that aren't consumable? Even a class set of the whilte boards like someone else mentioned. To me those are instructional materials.. I can't teach measuring without rulers! I got a nice class set of unbreakable clear ones, and I LOVE not having to depend on the kids to have one, or having broken/cracked ones.
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote