Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Fitness tracker help!

>

Teacherbee_4

Fitness tracker help!
Old 02-21-2020, 04:10 PM

Iím bummed! I had a Fitbit One for the past 6 years. I LOVED it! Tonight we went out to eat and I noticed it was missing. I looked at the restaurant and couldnít find it, so my hope was it fell off at home before we left. Nope...I found it in the parking lot....ran over! Doesnít work anymore obviously!

I HATE wearing something on my wrist. I Always have. I donít think I could even get used to it. They donít make the one anymore l, and it looks like the Zip is made anymore either. I want one for my waist. Any ideas? It doesnít have to be a Fitbit brand. It looks like the Inspire may have an option for either, but Iím not sure. Please help!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 02-21-2020, 04:16 PM

I feel your pain! I really loved my FitBit One. I did a bit of research trying to find something similar to no avail. I wound up giving in and bought the Alta HR. I am actually surprised at how much I like it.
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 02-21-2020, 04:30 PM

I know this is not the kind of help you want but I had the same issue as you. I loved having the zip/not having it on my wrist and then they quit making it. I never wore bracelets and generally didn't like things on my wrist either. I decided to try the Alta and like the pp, I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like it. I feel like I actually walk a lot more now because I constantly have a visible reminder. I also bought a few different bands so I can wear different colors if I want. I'm so accustomed to having it on now that it actually bothers me when I'm not wearing it. I'll constantly look at my wrist for the time/my steps and then be annoyed that there is nothing there.

If I'm really dressed up for something and the fitbit doesn't compliment the look I put it my wristlet purse and it still counts steps. If you always wear pockets, you could theoretically just always keep it in your pocket. The band does detach if you want.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

School Time

Old 02-21-2020, 06:44 PM

If you get a Fitbit that foes on your wrist, there are many nice bands available on Amazon that aren't very expensive. I had a Zip then a One. I have had an Alta for several years and really like it. They no longer sell the Alta but have the AltaHR. I was afraid my Alta wouldn't last so I bought an used Alta on Mercari that I keep as a back up.
School Time is offline   Reply With Quote

4leaves

I loved mine
Old 02-21-2020, 06:47 PM

And when they were finally lost or died I was able to buy replacements on ebay. It is worth a look. I wish they were still making them.

4leaves is online now   Reply With Quote
FancyFish
Old 02-22-2020, 05:50 AM
This message has been deleted by FancyFish.

FancyFish

Old 02-22-2020, 05:51 AM

You can buy this for a Fitbit Alta.

https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Replac...%2C189&sr=8-68

Last edited by FancyFish; 02-22-2020 at 09:15 AM..
FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-22-2020, 10:34 AM

Thanks everyone! I ended up buying a Fitbit Inspire. It ended up costing me nothing out of pocket because I had gift cards from students from Christmas to use...and I still have money left from the gift cards! YAH! I looked at Target and Best Buy for the waist accessory clip, but neither had it, so I ended up ordering the waist accessory clip online.

It all worked out! Still bummed about my Fitbit One, but these things happen.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote