Help

Math & Science

Science Fair....where to start?!

>

ReeB83

Science Fair....where to start?!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am coordinating the science fair this year. I did it last year, but I had a great deal of help since I was new. This year it's me, myself and I. The fair is on January 18th. For 3-8 students it is 30% of their grade, but I'm thinking of inviting the primary grades as well (I teach 1st).

I'm thinking I should be sending a letter now-ish. First one to the teachers to let them know what I expect....
K-2 Will do exhibits on life science
3-5 Will do experiments on ____________
6-8 Will do experiments AND research projects on _______________

(I would like to set topics or at least areas of study because last year I go a lot of "how to make ice cream" and "which brand of soda is the best?" projects.)

I also want to set the standard for presenting. Last year, Three kids sat next to each project. Only there wasn't enough room so three kids stood at each table which created chaos. One kid needs to present at each table. Period. In the case of K-2, no one needs to present.

I also need to set a better time for students to come see the projects. With 3/5s of the students presenting, not a lot of kids got to see the projects.

Rubrics. Judges. Table set-up. Decoration. Check. Check. Check.

Am I missing anything?

ReeB83 is offline   Reply With Quote

cathylinda21

cathylinda21

Science Fair
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Well i am doing a science project and im in the 7th step the first step i got was come up with and idea then write your problem statement and hypothesis the research after that do 3 or more steps of the bibilogrohy including where you got the information ex: from the internet, book, class etc. so far you will do great i promise then think about it your expermint how will it look like i have a sister and last year she did it by hersel so she did it like im telling you and she got an A++++++++ so hope you do a great job!!! if it does not come out good or you get a grade that u dont like or you did not get it im very sorry!
cathylinda21

cathylinda21

Science Fair
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

hey its me agian look you could do it about how ice melts or moldy breads? up to you just some ideas.
cathylinda21

cathylinda21

How to make.....
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

look i asked my teacher if how to make ice cream is good and she said mabe because you will have to measure it like how do plants gow they grow in the sunlight if there in a dark room they die