Help

ARCHIVE

Father's Day

>

beahappygirl

Father's Day
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know that Father's Day is in June and most of us are out of school, but does anyone do anything for Father's Day with your students? If so, would you please share? I want to do something this year for our dads but haven't ever done anything in the past.

beahappygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

kiwilemon

Fathers Day
Old 05-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The kids in my class write a story about why thier father is special to them and draw a picture. We glue both onto construction paper.

We also do some kind of craft to give the dads. Im not sure what I will do this year, I have not thought that far ahead yet!
kiwilemon is offline   Reply With Quote

beckyg325

Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For Mother's Day and Father's Day I buy some small, cheap, wood dye cuts from Joann's or any other craft store. They are the small, wood, shapes and are only 25 cents a piece. Kids then watercolor them (watercolor looks beautiful and drys quickly!) and put their school picture in the middle. I then put a piece of magnet tape on the back and it's a magnet! Kids then wrap this magnet in tissue paper and write a card to go with it. I usually pick flower dye cuts for the Mother's Day and stars for Father's Day. I also do this on Christmas, but buy the ornaments to watercolor. It always turns out great and is low budget and low stress.
beckyg325 is offline   Reply With Quote