Help

Third Grade

Note to parents- Citizenship

>

Moca22

Note to parents- Citizenship
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was hoping to get ideas or suggestions about a weekly note home about the students behovior to parents. I have new to 3rd (taugh 2nd last year) and want to send home some sort of weekly note so the parents can not how their child was doing in class. My note last year had a box each day for their behavior and homework. I wanted to simplify it for 3rd and would love any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Moca22 is offline   Reply With Quote

kdesoto

Class Review
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Each Friday I have my students fill in a "Class Review" for the week. Included in the review is what they enjoyed, worked on, and need to improve on. I have changed the review to include a listing of what our class will be learning in each subject and any announcements needing to go home. On the back is a list of behaviors the students grade themselves on. I staple all graded papers for the week to the review and write in red, blue, or green ink any parent signatures needed for low scores. I conference with each child to go over goals, behaviors, and graded papers. The parents know the review comes home every Friday and expect to see it. They sign the review and it is returned on Monday. This way I have proof that parents have seen all graded papers and are aware of their child's behavior.
Attached Files
File Type: doc -Class Review 2-6-09.doc (33.5 KB, 89 views)
kdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote

glinda

Any consequences?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What if they do not have it signed?
glinda is offline   Reply With Quote

kdesoto

Given one day to forget
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If it does not come back signed, I give them one day to forget. If it is lost or thrown out by accidently I need a signed letter from the parent saying they saw the papers. Otherwise the student will serve detention and I will send an email or call the parents. This has worked wonderfully over the years. Parents have commented that they love it and I have documentation that parents are aware of what is happening in the classroom.
kdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote