Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Have you been to a chiropractor?

>

Green22

Have you been to a chiropractor?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 AM

What has been your experience with a chiropractor regularly treating you? If you wish to end your treatment, do you find that your shoulders and back go back to their original pain level? My brother is having some constant minor back pain and I'm worried about him. I'd like to recommend some form of treatment, but I don't know anything about chiropractic care.

Green22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 AM

I love my chiropractor. I've been seeing him for around five years. The first few months I went at least once a week. After that, once a month. He sees me more if something come up. For instance, I fell at work a year ago in October and hurt my neck, back, and knee. He saw me more often then.

I have a bulging vertebrae in my lower back that he adjusts. He also works with my left hip sometimes. If I have to skip an appointment, I can tell, but overall I am much, much better.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 04-27-2013, 09:47 AM

I went to a chiropractor for neck pain that had turned into total arm numbness overnight. Within thirty minutes if being adjusted, my arm was back to normal and my neck felt great.

I went back to him twice a week for a couple of months, and he fixed what had been a chronic neck problem for twenty years. After that I went back every couple of weeks for a few months (basically to retrain my muscles to hold the adjustment).

Now I go back once or twice a year. I can tell when I need to go back, and sure enough if I don't go within a couple of weeks, I'm back to the neck pain and have to do the frequent adjustments for a couple of weeks.

Not only did it cure the neck pain, but it cleared up two other issues I never would have linked to needing chiro care.

I'm a fan. But like with any doc, you need to make sure you go to a good one.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Margaret916

I love mine too!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:49 AM

I went about 8 years ago - a friend recommended I go to a chiro for the chronic migraines I was having. My neurologist kept changing my meds and nothing was working...

I found relief right away. Then my chiro from that practice left...and the other docs just didn't adjust me the same way. I found a new doc and have been very happy since.

I started out going a couple times a week for a while, now I go once a month. I have had help through lots of issues:
  • migraines
  • carrying stress/tension in my neck and shoulders
  • after surgery and 8 weeks on crutches I had a tilted pelvis and numbness in the back of one leg, all better now.
  • Hurt my hip running
  • sinus/allergy pressure
  • TMJ
And I just generally feel better! I can attest that there are good and bad ones...ones that adjust you and you feel better and others that don't help. Be honest with how you feel and if it isn't working, try another doc! They have different styles just like all of us....and are trained in different methods.
Margaret916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dawn

chiro
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 AM

I went 2x a week for about 3 months for general stiffness and occasional morning pain in my neck and shoulders. It felt GREAT. I felt on top of the world for those 3 months--no stiffness or soreness, stood taller, moved easier. Just overall really a healthy, positive feeling.

I had to stop because we moved. I've been looking for a new chiro for a while now because I can really tell that I'm stiff and tight again.

Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote

I ♥ cats

Old 04-27-2013, 02:46 PM

I just went for the first time this past week due to a car accident. It's helped me a lot. I've only been twice so far so I'm not 100% ready to say I love it, but it definitely has improved my pain.
I ♥ cats is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM

DH and I have both had excellent results with our chiropractor! The only thing we haven't been crazy about is that it does usually take several treatments to get it all fixed up, but it does work in most cases and it works well!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

harley1

Old 04-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Love it! Feel so much better!
harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote

desert flower

Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM

I love my chiropractor. I've been going for the last 20 years. I carry all of my stress in my neck and shoulders, and used to get migraines really bad. Sometimes I have to go in once or twice a week and things are adjusted and I'm felling really good. Other times I can go 8 months before I go back in. I always know when it's time for a tune up and go in when things start getting tight. I'd tell your brother to try it. If it's a pinched nerve or something, he will truly feel so much better if he goes and gets it corrected.
desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote