Holy Mackeral! I'm sending some weird energy into the universe! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Holy Mackeral! I'm sending some weird energy into the universe!

>

Kermit

Holy Mackeral! I'm sending some weird energy into the universe!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM

My life is like never before. I seem to be attracting women like crazy. I'm no cuter (in fact, I'm heavier than I've been in the last few years!) I'm not really any different at all, except that I'm single and don't even feel like I should be dating as I'm so busy and building my business, quitting my teaching job, etc.

First, I met this woman randomly at a charity event. We dated about 2 months and I ended it last week. I had met her less than two months after my 3 year relationship ended, so I knew it probably wouldn't last. I am fine with it ending- though will miss some wonderful parts of our relationship. She gave me exactly what I needed in my life at that time (intense support for my ventures, she made me feel smart, desirable, etc.)

The night I ended it, my friend M invited me to karaoke. I went, and her friend K ended up liking me a lot. K texted me all week and invited me to her birthday on Saturday.

At her party, I met one of K's friends. The friend "friended" me on Facebook the next day. The friend left the party early, but we had great conversation during the dinner part of the evening and I will admit to thinking of her later- even so much as I was considering asking her to coffee.

The party continued, and the birthday girl was clearly interested in me. She was flirting pretty hard. Lo and behold, K kisses me. I LITERALLY felt NOTHING. It was very strange, as she is actually very attractive (by society's standards, and was all dressed up and everything.) She was getting very touchy-feely with me and I just felt awkward about it. I kept thinking maybe something could happen, but the more she was interested, the clearer it was to me that I was not. We talked the next day and I told her I was interested in being friends only.

So tonight is her actual birthday, and she asked me to come to dinner with her and M. All night she made comments and even texted me during the dinner to say how cute I am and I make her smile. I asked her if she was still interested in me, and she said "only as friends" but then as we were parting for the night, she confessed she was still interested and was hoping that maybe I'd TAKE HER HOME WITH ME TONIGHT. I did not, obviously, as I am now typing this out in my living room alone.

SO, while we're all hanging out, I happened to check in on facebook (we had gone to a restaurant and was putting a photo up) and the FRIEND who left the party early asked me out for Friday over a facebook IM. It seems like she's asking me out on a date, but sometimes those things are hard to tell.

I actually liked the friend- she's got a really cool job working for the Whole Foods Foundation- and seems like she's got her S together, is attractive, etc.

Funny thing is- I swore off dating.

WTH is going on and why is this happening????? What vibes am I sending into the universe? I haven't sought any of this out!

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
THAT'S what you're sending out into the universe. Confidence and being happy with what you're doing and who you are is the best aphrodisiac out there I swear!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

rlyndecker

Guys
Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 PM

Send some of that my way except I want a guy!
rlyndecker is offline   Reply With Quote

crackerjill

Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 AM

Grace is right! It's being happy with where you are in life and your independence that makes you attractive! (That and from what I know of you, you are just a really awesome woman!).

When I decided I was happy and just going to date for fun was when I ended up starting to date my current BF. 5 years later, I guess it's still for fun!
crackerjill is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

I agree with the PP
Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
THAT'S what you're sending out into the universe. Confidence and being happy with what you're doing and who you are is the best aphrodisiac out there I swear!
I so agree with this!! I am all the time telling people to quit trying so hard!! It applies to so many things and situations.

Enjoy!

whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

Margaret916

That's when it happened for me!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM

I had done the online dating thing and dated a LOT of frogs while looking for my prince and I HAD it! I was done! No more. I wanted to spend time on me!

And l walked into starbucks one morning on my way to summer school and there he was. This incredibly good looking man holding two trays of coffee and trying to balance....so I asked if he needed help (since he looked like he might drop them!) and we started talking. it was seriously like the movies - time stopped! I was late to summer school (oops!) and the moment I walked in, the P and the other teacher I worked with KNEW something had happened. I had a glow, they said. I emailed him, we went out together that Friday night and have basically been inseparable for the last 9 years.

It happens when you least expect it... when you are happy with you and happy on your own! You send the good into the universe and it is around for EVERYONE to notice!
Margaret916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Amy L

Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 AM

I agree; that self-confidence is verrry appealing! Enjoy
Amy L is offline   Reply With Quote

aussie-mel

yes, but....
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM

Yes, deciding to be happy and confident is a great vibe BUT why were you checking and updating facebook in the middle of dinner with 2 live people to chat and interact with?? That would be a sign for me of rudeness and a turn off- just saying. I think paying attention to the people you have decided to spend a few hours with is the polite thing to do- facebook will still be waiting when you get home.
aussie-mel is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

yes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:18 PM

self-confidence is very appealing, but the true test of a relationship comes when things go wrong. Either things you can't control, or things you could have, but you or they got lazy. When I was severely depressed, clinically depressed, my man friend told me that nobody would want to be around me if I didn't cheer up. This person had already admitted to never having been seriously mentally ill....

To me, true love is when you support someone through all of their, and life's ups and downs.

Sure, it is easy to roll on the high of meeting new people.
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Kermit

Old 04-30-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
BUT why were you checking and updating facebook in the middle of dinner with 2 live people to chat and interact with?? That would be a sign for me of rudeness and a turn off- just saying. I think paying attention to the people you have decided to spend a few hours with is the polite thing to do- facebook will still be waiting when you get home.
I wasn't just checking my Facebook. My friends asked me to post the photo we took on Facebook. We do this all the time. My friends don't care. Plus, I read the message while they were at the bar getting drinks.

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Opal

anyway....back to self-confidence....
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 PM

sounds like you are enjoying having fun and meeting new people. Enjoy Kermit! Don't let anyone bring you down...there is way too much of that stuff out there!!
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

i will second
Old 04-30-2013, 04:42 PM

that Opal. Kermit is alive and happy....
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote