Help

First Grade

Whole brain/clip chart

>

Cornelpm

Whole brain/clip chart
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am reading Chris Bifles whole brain book. I am trying to look at my classroom management plan for the school year. In the past i have used a clip up/down chart. If they clipped up they got a sticker and when they got five stickers they pick a prize. Is there anyone that uses whole brain teaching along with a clip chart for individual behaviors? I am wondering how this all works with the whole brain teaching approach.

Cornelpm is offline   Reply With Quote

multigrade

Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ussionid=15604
multigrade is offline   Reply With Quote

GoldiTeaches

Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use WBT and I use the Scoreboard for whole class behavior and the Clip Chart for individual behavior. For the Clip Chart I don't really do a tangible reward and they are still obsessed with moving their clip up! When students get to the top of the chart they pick out a self-adhesive jewel to stick onto their clip. They also get a little card to take home to their parents saying they made it to the top of the chart.
GoldiTeaches is offline   Reply With Quote

Buzzworthy

i use both too
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use WBT for whole class management and rewards. I use the clipchart for individual behaviors. When my kiddos reach the top they go home with a paper certificate (I made on the computer and printed on colored paper) that tells their parents to be super proud of their super star, cuz they made it all the way to the top today! The kids are always very excited to tell their parents that they made it to the top and the intrinsic reward of an awesome smile and that little paper certificate is all worth it in their eyes.
Buzzworthy is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

I use the clip chart
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

and also run off multiple copies of a form I made with pictures from Word that tells parents their child stayed on "green" all day. I send these green notes (they are on green paper) home about once a week on a random day. I write in the kids' names by hand on a stack while watching TV so they are ready to pass out. It is interesting to watch the faces of kids who have their certificate put on the bottom of the pile for another day because they weren't able to earn it that day. Some don't care, others get the message.
I also have red notes that tell the parents their child had some behavior problems during the day. These need to come back signed.
I have a quick chart with names and squares to make quick notes of what color (B, G, Y, O, R) each child was on at the end of the day. It helps me with the behavior grades--both deciding what is earned and backing up the grade if questioned.

broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Melissa/1st/TN

Different clip chart
Old 07-27-2013, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I use a form of a clip chart, but only to keep track of students that get a practice card for not following one of the five rules. I loved using it this way: instead of moving kids up and down on it, they only clip to the rule the are having trouble with. I can easily see who needs practice cards sent home. I LOVE WBT! There are many cute WBT posters out there that can be displayed as a clip chart. You don't need more than that...no treasure box, etc. When you use all the management tools in WBT (scoreboard, 5 rules, practice cards, super improver wall) you won't need anything else!
Melissa/1st/TN is offline   Reply With Quote

multigrade

Old 07-27-2013, 07:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I hadn't thought of using a rule chart for practice! I will have to see about this. I like that better than my mini pocket chart with numbers. Thanks.
I also haven't needed anything else.
multigrade is offline   Reply With Quote