Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Creative Memories closing

>

HryPotter

Creative Memories closing
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 AM

I am so sad to hear creative memories is closing their doors! I have used their products for years and now I won't be able to get books or pages after August 21st!

HryPotter is offline   Reply With Quote

JulieP

Old 07-29-2013, 05:54 AM

Is it a store in your area that is closing? I know that they have filed Ch. 11, but their website says nothing about closing down the whole company. They are doing a huge last change online sale until July 31.
JulieP is offline   Reply With Quote

HryPotter

Aunt is consultant
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 AM

My aunt is a cm consultant and she emailed this morn that they said they are closing the doors and the last day to order would be aug 21.
HryPotter is offline   Reply With Quote

kitty11710

Oh no :( I love them!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 AM

Does anyone know if they will be having a sale at all, or should I definitely be buying from the last chance sale by July 31st?
kitty11710 is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

So sad!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:09 AM

I was a consultant for a few years, and I LOVE the company! So sad to see it go.

SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Illini Teacher

Not surprised
Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 AM

Almost all of my scrapbooking friends have converted to digital now. They are still doing some paper scrapping, but most used up what they had and switched. They mentioned it was so much quicker to get a whole album finished than the paper kind.

I feel bad for all the consultants though. That is a huge investment to get started, keep it up, etc and now it's gone. Did they give the consultants ample notice?

HryPotter: I do have a whole album (I think it is blue) that I never got around to doing anything too.....if you would like to discuss options of the book I'm willing to let it go for a song...pm me if you are interested, I'll never use it! Probably a few other things if I go take a look....

Illini
Illini Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Margaret916

Order now!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 AM

The products are being sold to sell off what inventory they have now, but they will not be making anymore. The company has tried to hang on, but it wasn't financially possible.

Consultants had some notice, but many of my friends that sold it are really bummed - as you can imagine. It was quite a company and many count on that income!

I am a consultant for another scrapbook company and this has been a tough year for much of our competition. Stampin Up has done away with all their albums and most of the products used for scrapbooking and now Creative Memories. Whew! Not to mention a lot of the small, local scrapbook stores have gone out of business as people make the switch to digital and buy more from mass-market stores like Michael's and AC Moore.
Margaret916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

I guess I am not surprised either.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM

I felt it was sooo overpriced for what was offered.

I got a boatload of stuff at a thrift store once. It seemed so neat and easy to use, I googled it. Unfortunately, everything new was out of my price range.

Since what I received at the thrift store was the actual tools--cutters, cutting guides, punches, storage boxes, etc., I was able to put together some really nice stuff with materials purchased in other places--Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Walmart. I mainly shopped clearance and discounted stuff so it was easy to put together a nice end product for about 20% of the cost it would have been with CM...
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Sue too

Cm
Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 PM

That is a shame. Their stuff is quality! If you really end up stuck, I have tons of inventory from the years I sold. Thank you for letting us know.
Sue too is offline   Reply With Quote