Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Has this been talked about yet on here?

>

Jackie

Has this been talked about yet on here?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:24 AM

My dh got me to watch the Netflix documentary, Tiger King. Oh my goodness!! What a train wreck! I can't believe people like this actually exist in this world lol! I can't stop watching it and it is the perfect distraction to the craziness that is happening in this world right now.

Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 03-28-2020, 02:38 AM

No it hasn't!! I totally agree - it's a diversion from day to day stuff. I don't think I can binge it because it's too much to take in. I need to catch up since the memes are providing all sorts of spoilers, like with Cheer.
There's a place in southern Colorado, Colorado Gators, that reminds me of the tiger and big cat places.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 03-28-2020, 02:45 AM

Quote:
I don't think I can binge it because it's too much to take in.
Oh I can't either! I just finished the 2nd episode last night and you're so right about it being so much to take in.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Tiger king
Old 03-28-2020, 03:41 AM

Watched a couple of episodes. Wow! Crazy folks...
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

Yes
Old 03-28-2020, 04:56 AM

I identified anxiety increased when watching the news.

Yesterday i tried Orange us the New Black

I recommend this because it highlights how these people ended up in prison. As a teacher i find that what is happening in the personal lives of our students is paramount. Anyway, it addresses Gay, Lesbian. Transgender, Straight issues as well as all sorts of sociology and prison justice system issues. Well acted. I can see why it had 7 seasons.

Anyway. Thanks for Tiger King suggestion. It makes me happier to get my mind off myself and the pandemic of 2020

happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherMeg

Old 03-28-2020, 05:10 AM

We started episode 3 of Tiger King last night, but didn't finish it. I agree it's like a train wreck you can't look away from. It just keeps getting crazier the more I watch. During "normal" life I would probably never take the time to watch something like this, but it is a great distraction right now.
TeacherMeg is offline   Reply With Quote

hiker1

Old 03-28-2020, 05:55 AM

Just when you think it can't get any weirder it does. Everyone of those big cat owners is strange.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

JenInWV

Old 03-28-2020, 06:24 AM

Yes! I am on episode 5 and plan to watch it tonight after the kids go to bed. It just keeps getting stranger and stranger.
JenInWV is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 03-28-2020, 06:41 AM

Sounds good! I've been watching the Gabriel Fernandez documentary and reading books as well.
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Tiger King
Old 03-28-2020, 07:29 AM

My dd is watching and loves it. I thought it was a mockumentary when she first started to explain the premise to me.

I just canít watch that kind of c%#p on tv. My very personal opinion.

Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 03-28-2020, 08:12 AM

Train wreck theory, for sure. I binge watched it and then felt a little embarrassed to admit I was as wrapped up in it as I was. As an Okie, let me say this guy does not represent the best part of my state.
checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 03-28-2020, 08:39 AM

The story was disturbing enough as a podcast, I donít think I could stand watching it.
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 03-28-2020, 11:19 AM

We did a binge watch while we did our online work one day. That night we didn't even turn on the television like usual. We sat in silence, except for an occasional "What did we just watch?: comment.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 03-28-2020, 11:37 AM

I didn't really have any interest, but it felt like everyone I know was watching it, so I told DH about it.

We watched 3 episodes in a row last night. I couldn't watch it directly because I felt so bad for the tigers; I had to be looking at my computer doing work and surfing.

But the story is bonkers and we can't look away.

Have you seen this? https://www.facebook.com/aaron.mazza...07034522097039

Imagine if 10 years ago you were approached by a time traveler and he was like "look, I don't have much time to explain, all I can tell you is that the year 2020 is going to be an absolute circus. You know Donald Trump, the star of the apprentice? Well he's the president of the United States and at the beginning of 2020 he gets into a Twitter beef with Iran that almost starts world war 3. Australia catches on fire and a woman tries to save it by selling pictures of her boobs. Kobe Bryant passes away in a helicopter crash. Half the world is devasted, the other half just makes messed up memes. A little time passes and just when the world starts recovering from the loss of Kobe some dude in China eats a raw bat and starts a global pandemic that specifically kills maw maw's and paw paws. Everyone loses their minds. 40% of the population thinks it's the end of the world another 40% thinks it's all fake and 20% blames the whole thing on cell phone towers and Tom Hanks kids. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the only way to survive is by hoarding toilet paper. Grocery stores are ransacked and Charmin ultra soft essentially replaces the dollar as the United States official currency. Eventually as hysteria grows, world governments are forced to shut the entire planet down and lock everyone in their houses and the only person that can keep the people from completely flipping out and starting a huge riot is a gun toting homosexual Oklahoma man with a meth addiction and 180 pet tigers...

I'd be like, "Here's a dollar now get away from me crackhead."
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Tiger KIng
Old 03-28-2020, 11:37 AM

The description of a train wreck you just can't stop watching is perfect. I had to look away a few times . And only one episode at a time. These exotic animal owners are a different breed for sure.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 03-28-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
There's a place in southern Colorado, Colorado Gators, that reminds me of the tiger and big cat places.
I haven't watched the show you all are taking about, but my son and his GF are watching it and told us about it. Not sure I can stomach it...

Not that I wanted to, but I visited the Gator rescue in Alamosa, CO just a few weeks ago (long story as to why...). The people who own the place have good hearts, but man! Let's just say they are the type of people one would expect to see when visiting a Gator/Reptile rescue place!

More power to them!
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Lilbit

Old 03-28-2020, 09:28 PM

DH and I binge watched TK in two days. Now I'm obsessed with all the memes and tweets about it. They are so funny! While everyone on that show is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs; I do hope the show sheds light on big cat abuse, breeding, and trafficking, and helps pass laws that ends these practices.
Mrs.Lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote