Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Weight Loss

>

JMP624

Weight Loss
Old 04-05-2020, 05:44 PM

So after being at home for 3 weeks I have grown very bored! It seems Iíve been doing a lot of sitting and eating-something has to change or Iím not going to fit into my clothes when we go back . Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive treadmill at home? I thought if I could at least walk a couple miles everyday that would help! Thanks!!

JMP624 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 04-05-2020, 05:49 PM

No treadmill, but I march in front of my TV and try to still get my 10,000 steps every day. It is probably not quite as good as "real" walking but I feel it's a heck of a lot better than sitting down all day. I also am more motivated to stick to my calorie goal in MFP that way. I'm not going to spend tons of time getting my steps in (and it is a lot of time now that I'm not getting steps any other way/with regular activities like I normally would at school) only to sit down and stuff my face.

I keep saying I need to walk outside- bad weather has given me an excuse for awhile but now it's nice out and I need to make that a priority just to get some fresh air and sunshine.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Treadmill
Old 04-06-2020, 04:28 AM

I have one but have been walking outside every day unless it rains!
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Clarity

There are tons of free workout
Old 04-06-2020, 05:56 AM

videos online. You can exercise all day long if you want to. My Zumba teachers are giving free online classes. I also joined BeachBody, because their programs are relatively inexpensive (you don't have to buy the food). I think right now you can get an entire year for $99. Then just follow their online workouts. Not too shabby. That is what I have been doing to keep myself in shape during this madness. I am about to go for a walk on this beautiful sunshiney spring day.
Clarity is online now   Reply With Quote