Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Dd

>

Teach 5

Dd
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 AM

My poor DD is supposed to be getting married in June. We’ve had to cancel bridal shower, bachelorette parties, etc. Still planning on trying to go ahead with wedding because they are saying a resurgence of the virus in the fall.

Then last night they had a severe storm with high winds and tornadoes. Now their power is out and won’t be back on for 2 days! They were both working from home but can’t do that now either. The stress is mounting although she has been handling it well.

We are on a stay at home order, all restaurants, etc are closed. I really feel for families with kids at home because thousands are without power. At least the weather isn’t too bad with temps in the 60’s.

Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I am so sorry
Old 04-08-2020, 10:47 AM

That is a great deal of stress and disappointment to handle. But remember she is safe from the virus. She has her health and that is most important.

I hope they are not cold from lack of heating. Maybe the electricity will return more quickly than anticipated. I hope so.

I also hope the wedding can take place in June as planned.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 04-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Oh man, I really feel for the people without power during stay-at-home. I think that would send me over the edge. Iím thankful daily for my TV and iPad. Please know Iím thinking of your DD.

Iím not a big wedding person, so take this for what itís worth. Iíve read about some very creative marriages during the pandemic. Can she marry quietly in June then have a major celebration when thatís allowed again? Something tells me many of us look forward to celebrating eventually.

Hugs.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 04-08-2020, 11:50 AM

She's still getting married.
Will have power in 2 days.
She's with her soon to be husband, they are not apart.
Their home is not damaged.
Nobody is sick.
She's handling it well.

A lot positives there!

Now I think we might be able to, if only a little bit, see what parts of the nation/people go through when their homes are destroyed/damaged by a tornado, or a hurricane, or some other disaster, and they are left without homes or electricity for months. I think there is a lot we can be thankful for at this time in many of our lives.
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

freckleface

Old 04-08-2020, 11:54 AM

My son was supposed to get married April 25. it had to be cancelled, but we all figured that was going to happen. What they are going to try to do, if the governor doesn't issue a shelter-in-place order, then they will try to get married where they planned with just their best man and maid of honor, attending, or they might be married in their home. The reception is going to be held in 2021. My other son is supposed to get married in early October. Hopefully, Covid will be over!

freckleface is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Feel for er
Old 04-08-2020, 12:21 PM

I really feel for the people missing weddings, graduations, etc. The worst to me is those that canīt have funerals for their loved ones.

Just remember, the ®wedding® is not about the party, but marrying the one you love. I know that is difficult to remember during the thick of it.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-08-2020, 02:39 PM

That's a bummer. Not the wedding she dreamed of, to be sure.

I can't imagine being without power. I am so thankful to have power!

It's a gorgeous, sunny, warmish day today (60s) here.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Very sorry...
Old 04-08-2020, 02:44 PM

My friend's son was supposed to get married in Italy as a destination wedding this summer. Obviously not happening.

Your daughter and fiance have a great attitude. I'm sure the wedding, whenever it happens, will be beautiful and filled with love.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote