Help

ARCHIVE

end of year ideas for students

>

hayleyjo

end of year ideas for students
Old 04-29-2009, 05:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm a relatively new teacher. I'm looking for cute ideas to give to my students for the end of the year. Nothing too expensive....

hayleyjo is offline   Reply With Quote

ShirleyHolmes

Scholastic $2 books
Old 04-29-2009, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They had "Miss Daisy is Crazy" for $2 earlier in the year, so I bought one for each kid. It was the first book we read together as a class. I am so excited to give them to the kids!
ShirleyHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote

cally

Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

besides getting cheap books from Scholastic. I went to the dollar store and I was able to get each kid 2 medium size containers of playdough for $7 dollars total.
cally is offline   Reply With Quote

polarteach

Beach Balls
Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

At the end of the year we give each student a beach ball. (from Wal-Mart). They blow the ball up and then have each student sign the ball with a marker. The teacher writes "2nd Grade was a BALL" or "We had a BALL in 2nd grade". The kids loved the idea!!! Hope this helps.
polarteach is offline   Reply With Quote

tammyr

t-shirts
Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have all my kids bring in a light colored pre-washed t-shirt. On an 8 1/2 x11 piece of paper we make thumb print "people" with colored ink pads (they draw in the arms, legs, and add hair). I then scan the paper into my computer and type all their names under their pictures. I print out onto iron-on transfers (cost of about $1.25 per shirt) and iron on their shirts. I bring the shirts on the last day of school, and have the kids change into them when they get to school. The kids and parents absolutely love them, and it is so neat to see our unity on that last day!

tammyr is offline   Reply With Quote

2barks

Books and seeds
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

All my kids know how important books are to me. My kindergarten teacher gave me a book on my last day of school 44 years ago and I still have it. So in the midst of the chaos of the last day, passing out awards, cleaning and packing up their bags, we stop and take a moment. I read them my book from so long ago and let them pick out their new book.

Since I have shared all my animal and "yard" stories with them all year, I also give them seeds to plant. This year I have saved milkweed and cattail seeds for them. I watch as more and more cattail plants are replaced by invasive "decorative" grasses and speak to the children about choices that are made and consequences that follow that we may not have planned. Since we study butterflies too, the milkweed also reminds them of the precious few places left for the monarchs we learned about earlier in the year.
2barks is offline   Reply With Quote

mana98

Polar Bear
Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

What a cute idea, I will be going to wal-mart this weekend.
mana98 is offline   Reply With Quote

tchgrd2

beach party
Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I did that one year. Last year my students wrote a story about a sea shell that could talk. We all brought in beach towels and we sat on the floor (it was raining) and read our stories. this year my parents want to do a beach theme for the end of the year party. I need a short catchy slogan about the beach to use. Any suggestions?
tchgrd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

nicbeauty

Beach Buckets Personalized
Old 05-07-2009, 02:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Last year i bought beach buckets at the dollar tree and personalized them for my students, inside i place a book (i bought them at the thrift store for a .50 cents, good condition by the way) and a little toy. I had fun personalizing the buckets with my students name. I love the beach ball idea! Thanks for sharing.
nicbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

iron transfer paper?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Where can I find the iron on transfer paper? The t-shirt idea sounds so cute that I'm going to try it!

Renea is online now   Reply With Quote

beckyg325

Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

On the 2nd to the last day of school, I always have the kids clean the room and their desks from top to bottom. I buy a baby wipe box from the dollar tree for each table group. I also have a list of a dozen or more cleaning jobs for the room I assign, such as cleaning out the sink, lunch bucket, book shelves, ect. Kids also take home all stuff from their desks. Then on the last day, I have the kids bring their own board games from home. Kids simply play board games with each other or sit and talk on the last day of school. I also have some quick, easy autograph pages they can walk around and have friends sign and write phone numbers on. It is so low stress, the kids get to enjoy each other, and you don't have to spend your own money on board games.
beckyg325 is offline   Reply With Quote

sheilagey

Autograph books
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Scholastic's had them for $1.00 so I bought each one since the ones at our school are $25.00. I think only one of my students bought one. Before I give them to them I write that poem which is so sweet about I loved you in my class. I can't remember what it said. Then when we have autograph day, they are getting all of 2nd grade kids to sign theirs.
sheilagey is offline   Reply With Quote

toucanteacher

End of the Year
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Hello. I've been teaching for many years. I am in first grade this year. I do LOVE giving each of the students a book from me. I can usually find one for $1.00 from Scholastic.

This year I have had a lot of very helpful moms. So, I have decided to let each child create 2 scrapbook pages to take home. We have a digital camera at our school and I am allowed to print pictures of the children (as long as I don't overdo). I have been taking pictures of the children outside, on field trips, on field day, in the classroom, etc. I will make sure I have 3-6 pictures for each child to use when making his/her pages.

I am also going to type-up and print some little sayings on my computer for them to cut and paste to the pages. (Things like: First Grade Was A Ball, Friends, Fun In The Sun, School Buddies, etc.)

I have also made a little end-of-the-year booklet for each child. I give them 1-2 pages a day throughout the last 2 weeks of school. They complete the pages. (The pages include things like: Phone numbers of friends, My Favorite Book, My Favorite Memory, etc.)

I hope these ideas help.
toucanteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
toucanteacher
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 AM
This message has been deleted by toucanteacher.

toucanteacher

Renea's Transfer Paper
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

You can find the iron on transfer paper at any craft store. I would think you could also find it at Wal-Mart or Target in the section where you buy photo paper for your computer. Good luck!
toucanteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Partymom

Partymom

Beach Ball idea,..
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Incredible idea. Different, easy, quick and inexpensive!! Perfect!