Help

BusyBoard

Behavior Plan

>

latitude101

Behavior Plan
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone have a behavior plan they would be willing to share with me? I teach 4th grade.

latitude101 is offline   Reply With Quote

kit1024

Old 08-30-2011, 04:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am trying the Responsive Classroom approach this year and I am loving it! You can google responsive classroom - there are lots of resources out there! (you can also check out the Magnolia room on PT if you are interested- that's how I discovered it
kit1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kermit

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you read Dream Class by Michael Linsin? It's AMAZING!!!! I highly suggest it.

To get a feel for it, read his blog:

smartclassroomideas.com
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

phoenixsmom

here's mine
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I carry a clipboard with a sheet that I print out for the week. On the sheet is a chart with each students name and number going down the side and the days of the week along the top. I write the date at the very top of the page and keep it all week. I put one check as a warning. The next incident I write a y for yellow and the student moves their clothespin on a stoplight. I use student numbers on clothespins for privacy. If another incident happens, I write another check in the box by their name on my chart. If they continue, I write an r for red and they move their clothespin. If things continue to go sour, I will provide 1 more warning and then move their clothespin to blue. Everyone starts on green at the beginning of the day. Yellow=warning (5 thinking laps at recess) Red = I had difficulty listening (10 thinking laps and a note home)
blue = I had difficulty following the rules (10 thinking laps and a phone call) If the issue is serious, I may send them to the counselor or the office. I started keeping the clipboard with the chart last year when I taught fourth. I also have a calendar that the students color their behvior on each day with crayons. The calendar is to be initialed by parents nightly. I only have to check the ones who are on something other than green to make sure they are honest. I write in marker the color word if they are not. I hope this helps.
phoenixsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

21forme

clip chart
Old 08-31-2011, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

read new management dot com for good ideas on the clip chart

21forme is offline   Reply With Quote