Help

Fourth Grade

Behavior Poblems

>

Mister_J

Behavior Poblems
Old 10-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a student in my 4th grade class that doesn't really seem to care about anything. He will distract others and will not focus on his work. He gets into fights often and is very disruptive. I think he comes from a broken home, or has other family issues.

I know he isn't a bad kid, but I really don't know how to help him. Any suggestions?

Mister_J is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherbre015

Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Try an attitute survey with the class that gets to know their individual likes and dislikes. That way you can learn more about what motivates them and things they are interested in. By gathering that info you can try and tailor your lessons toward their interestes to keep their attention. By doing this as a class activity you aren't singling out your behavioral student. If this doesn't give you any help maybe meet with him one-on-one and get his take on school or how you can help.
teacherbre015 is offline   Reply With Quote

knitting987!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I had a fifth like this today. I have no advice. You are not alone. I am surprised you only have one. Don't let the one get more to act like him. I do have that advice. Hugs.
knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

other support people?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Does you school have a guidance counselor? Would that person have more info on this student and a possible insight into why the child behaves this way? Have you tried talking to the parents to see if they can help out? As the other poster said, do not let the child's behavior take over you or the class. If what you have tried so far hasn't really helped, I would see about the counselor or checking with last year's teacher if you can. Good luck....our entire 4th grade is rather challenging this year.....though it is getting better with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of talks and modeling of correct behavior, expectations , and assigned seats at lunch! :-)
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote