Help

Kindergarten

US Alphabet Letter Exchange

>

ilovesushi2

US Alphabet Letter Exchange
Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

You and your class (2017-2018) are invited to participate in the Alphabet Letter Exchange. This is a collaborative project for teachers from all over the country. At this point, only 25 teachers/classes can participate.

If you are interested in participating in the project, please read the description below. Your class will be assigned a letter to decorate and mail to the other teachers. Hopefully you'll end up with a completely unique alphabet at the end of the project. If you decide to participate after reading about the project, email me back and let me know you’re “in”. I’ll need your name, school, address, and grade level.

Here's how the project works:

1. Your class will be assigned a letter of the alphabet. Each teacher would have their class decorate 26 of that letter. You'll print it on regular 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper or card stock and have your class decorate it. Decorate it however you like, just have fun and get creative!

Link to printable letters: https://www.thespruce.com/printable-...mplate-4068984

Some decorating tips: Decorate letters with something that starts with the sound of that letter. You can cut out the letter or leave it on the whole page- whatever works better for your letter design. There are tons of decorating ideas on Pinterest.

2. You'll need to mail 25 of the letters to the members of your group and you'll keep one. Each teacher is responsible for their own postage charges. At the end of the project you should have a complete, unique, student-made alphabet!
Mailing suggestions: Some teachers mail letters printed on card stock in manila envelopes. Some teachers have letters that can be folded and mailed in letter-size envelopes. It all depends on how your class decorates the letter and what you want to pay to mail.
3. Print out 25 photos of your class (teacher in the photo too please) and include a photo with each letter you send out. Optional: You could also include a short letter about your class or school.

The project will run from about September 1st-October 31st to give everyone time to get back to school, decorate, and mail their letters.
I'd love to have you participate! Just a little favor, though, please sign up only if you really intend to follow through with the project. It is heartbreaking to kids and teachers alike to end up with an incomplete alphabet. If you do want to participate, just let me know. Feel free to pass this email along to other primary teachers who might be interested in participating.

PS
I'm planning to stop sign-ups before mid-August so I can get the group lists out to everyone.

Message me if you are interested in participating.

Summer is finally here!

Colette Lipscomb
TK Teacher
Loma Vista School
Ventura, CA

ilovesushi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

deana021

i want to participate
Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I want to participate in this. I did this a few years ago and my kiddos loved it. The only problems I had were some didn't sent their letters at all or they sent them after December.
deana021 is offline   Reply With Quote

ilovesushi2

Deanna is participating in alphabet exchange
Old 06-23-2017, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We'd love for you to participate. We are well on our way to having 26 participating classes. Please message me your mailing address and email address to receive your letter assignment and list of participating classes.
ilovesushi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

deana021

did you get my message?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I sent a pm with my information...
deana021 is offline   Reply With Quote

pvteachnb

Old 06-28-2017, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would love to participate with my class! I can't seem to send a PM first because I'm not a junior member yet. Apparently I can respond to one if you initiate it first.

pvteachnb is offline   Reply With Quote

acannonnw

Alphabet Exchange
Old 06-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I would love to participate. I left a message on the other posting I saw in the "post office". I can resend info if you need me to.

Amber
acannonnw is offline   Reply With Quote

5angels

Old 07-16-2017, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am interested in the alphabet exchange.

Kim
5angels is offline   Reply With Quote