BusyBoard

Virtual Teaching Quarantine

>

LoveTeachBaby

Virtual Teaching Quarantine
Old 03-22-2020, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all,

the preschool I work at is closed for at least a few weeks due to everything that is going on with the coronavirus.
But we are supposed to do virtual lessons online through zoom. Im not sure how this will really work with a bunch of 2 yr olds- 5 yr olds but I guess we'll see.
we are supposed to do one story time a day and 2 activities.
I am supposed to do a name activity with the kiddos this week. I was thinking that I would ask them to write their name out on paper and then trace with stickers. But honestly I am not sure how this will work virtually. and also since its mixed ages ranging from 2- 5 I am not sure if it will work with the younger ages.
Any ideas on how to make this work/ make it easier virtually? any tips would be helpful

Thanks!

LoveTeachBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Virtual
Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can ask parents to write their child’s name out for the younger ones to trace with stickers.

Not all families will have archers, so also suggest replacements (Cheerios, pennies, etc.).

Good luck!
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

Old 03-22-2020, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I feel your pain! 2 year olds?????? Well, I guess they'll be sitting on a parents lap as you teach.. Do they expect them to do this alone? I'm also looking for explicit instructions on virtual lesson.. Good luck.. I'm very confused
mom23kids is online now   Reply With Quote

LoveTeachBaby

Old 03-24-2020, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for your suggestions. So now they've let me know that they want it to be a 30 minute activity. I have no idea how Im going to make it last for 30 minutes.

Suggestions are appreciated!
LoveTeachBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

BadKitty

Old 03-27-2020, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Ohhh boy, has your admin ever taught preschoolers? Good luck getting 2-year-olds to sit still for 30 minutes especially when they're at home with so many distractions around them!

I also teach preschoolers (3-5yo) but our principal told us we don't have to keep track of what we're doing; she trusts us. My co-teacher and I made a private Facebook group where we post activities for parents to do if they want to, and videos of us reading a story, etc. And if parents don't do it, that's fine too!

All I can say is make it fun, sing a lot, maybe use puppets or stuffed animals to get their attention. For another day, since this isn't name related, you can do Mat Man (I'm sure it's on YouTube (it's a song)). It teaches them how to draw a person. Parents would have to help the younger ones, but my kids love it. All they need is paper and pencil

BadKitty is offline   Reply With Quote