Help

The VENT

Emails

>

Violet4

Emails
Old 03-23-2020, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm not so much upset about this email that has gone out. But my coworker was stressing about the fact that our Fine arts office hasn't addressed copyright issues and how to go about posting music assignments. She is also not very familiar with Google classroom. Also as I had mentioned in a post before the majority of our students do not even have their instruments, because we had to close schools indefinitely sooner than we thought.

I'm more concerned that my response will not be received positively. I stated that I had some plans in place and described them. I let her know I am still learning a lot about how to use Google classroom too (I'm still a beginner when it comes to that I'm not afraid to share that). I also let her know that I'm not very surprised that we haven't heard anything from the Fine arts office because everybody has a lot on their plate and I'm not just talking about instructionally.

Sigh. I mean I don't think that was wrong of me to say but she is very intense and can be very one-track minded so I guess I'm just dreading her response to me reminding her that even people in the fine arts office are impacted by this national emergency and we could afford to give them some grace.

Last edited by Violet4; 03-23-2020 at 07:49 AM..
Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

I get it
Old 03-23-2020, 08:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iím trying to remember that emails donít really convey our actual tone. Itís easier to get offended or misread language, because we arenít actually face to face. Add on the stress of our current situation and itís a slippery slope!
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

tgbwc

Be patient
Old 03-23-2020, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We are in the same district. Remind her that we don't even know yet what distance learning will look like. We have people working on all of that who are paid more than we are. When they finish that part they will train us on what is expected. There's no sense in doing too much at this point.
tgbwc is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Tgwbc
Old 03-24-2020, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Agreed. She actually hasn't responded.
Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote