Help

Teachers' Lounge

Any PTers have COVID-19

>

SassyTeach

Any PTers have COVID-19
Old 03-25-2020, 02:27 PM

Just curious about the symptoms...

I have read about them on the CDC's website. Just wondering if I should worry. I have no abnormal cough, no runny nose/sneezy, no fever, but today my chest has felt like it does when you have a chest cold...tight, yet I can take deep breath without coughing.

It's not a heart attack or anxiety. I don't have anxiety on a regular basis, but the tightness I've felt with anxiety is different than this. My heart is healthy, and I have the millions of test to prove it. My chest just fills tight.

I'm not really worried, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

I do plan on calling my doctor tomorrow if it's not better.

Thanks!

SassyTeach is online now   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 03-25-2020, 02:34 PM

I don’t personally know anyone who has it, but my thought is that it could be phycosomatic due to the stress of the unknown.

I have chronic sinus issues and occasionally get runny noses and post nasal drip. My cough due to the post nasal drip left for good just before all of this went down. Fortunately, with the ending of post nasal drip, I stopped coughing. I still occasionally get a runny nose thought especially when I am out in cold weather. I don’t have any other symptoms so I am not worried.

However, if you still have it in a couple of days, it might be a good idea to call the doctor to be on the safe side.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

I hope I don't
Old 03-25-2020, 02:55 PM

I hope I don't have it. My "sickness" started about 3 weeks ago. Watery, itchy only at first. A few days later, a sore throat hit. After two days, I took an allergy pill and the sore throat has been gone since. I feel mucous in my chest and sinuses. Last week Monday I started with a chest cough. I have been able to get some mucous up, more in the last day or two, and it's clear and/or white. Once it was yellow. I have had no fever. My nose was runny one day, but that was it. Some days my chest does hurt, but like I said, it's a bad chest cough. It sounds more like bronchitis to me. I'm self-isolating and will do a teledoc next week sometime if it still doesn't get better.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM

It doesnít sound like you have the virus. I am glad you are going to call the doctor soon. It doesnít hurt to have a professional check you out.
I do worry about every cough/sneeze in my house. The other day I was sneezing and gave DH a worried look. Before I could say anything he reminded me that we were both outside cleaning the gutters. I have not coughed or sneezed in days.
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 03-25-2020, 03:11 PM

Teacherbee_4, what you've described is exactly what I've been going through but add laryngitis at the end. I've been chilling at home and feel fortunate to do so. Talked to the doctor but she said she didn't think I had it because I had no fever and my cough was a "productive" cough---more like bronchitis which I seem prone to.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

Thank you
Old 03-25-2020, 03:14 PM

all for not making me feel like an idiot for asking!!

I hope you all feel better!

Jazzer, you could be right. We'll see how things are tomorrow.

LaFish, I hope you use those symptoms the next time your husband asks for help with the gutters!

GreenBunny

Old 03-25-2020, 04:41 PM

One of the medical pros I saw online said 99% of people have a fever so if there's no fever, it's more than likely NOT Covid19.
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 03-25-2020, 04:43 PM

I hope anyone who has symptoms doesn't have it.

A LOT of cases of coronavirus start with the digestive issues (loss of appetite, diarrhea, stomachache) rather than respiratory issues as originally said and that those that do start with digestive issues tend to be more severe and last longer.

And the latest just said 3/23 is that you may lose your sense of smell and taste since covid-19 affects the nose and throat too.

Then, I read where someone said:

"The range of symptoms is another thing that is mysterious about this virus. Watching the news, one person who had it says started with nausea/vomiting, next person says went to bed fine, woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't breathe, next person says, started with body aches/fever...and on and on. Hard to pin it down! Also, flu season is still in effect. Many might have the flu, which has somewhat similar symptoms. Could be bronchitis, which can be treated with antibiotics."

Last edited by MAsped; 03-25-2020 at 05:05 PM..
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Cruxian
Old 03-25-2020, 04:44 PM

Laryngitis is a symptom I often get when I have a sinus infection. Iíll be able to breathe, not congested at all but lose my voice or have a really horse one. My doctor said itís from the post nasal drip.
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Good to know
Old 03-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
she didn't think I had it because I had no fever and my cough was a "productive" cough---more like bronchitis which I seem prone to.
Good to know! I am susceptible to bronchitis as well, and that's what it feels like, but I think all this news has me spooked. I'm not even someone who gets spooked or paranoid about illnesses or anything, so if I'm freaking out, I can't imagine those who do freak out about getting sick.

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

This!
Old 03-25-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not even someone who gets spooked or paranoid about illnesses or anything, so if I'm freaking out, I can't imagine those who do freak out about getting sick.
Same here! I'm not a hypochondriac, yet everything I'm hearing and reading has me questioning every little thing I'm feeling! Those poor people who live like this on a normal basis must be reeling from all the feelings!

BioAdoptMom3

Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 PM

I am more alert to these types of things too now. Based on what I've heard it doesn't sound like CV but I would still call a doctor. Hope its not that and hope you feel better SOON!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

knitting987!

Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 PM

Look up Science Insider and then click on the video that says symptoms of the Corona Virus. It is five minutes long. Many people say it is good. My husband said it was good.
knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 03-25-2020, 08:24 PM

Itís allergy season. I donít know what is allergies and what should concern me.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 AM

My understanding is that, if your symptoms are mild enough that you wouldn't have called your doctor before COVID-19, don't call now but do self-isolate and monitor your temperature and symptoms carefully.

Right now, in these parts anyway, you won't get tested unless you are seriously ill or have had known contact with an infected person. I hear they're developing a quick, inexpensive test that will allow people to eventually know whether that cold they had during the outbreak was, in fact, COVID-19
Tori58 is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

I'm fine!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:06 AM

I woke up and I'm feeling fine. I'm beginning to wonder if it was because I worked at school yesterday. My classroom is in a portable (which I freakin' LOVE!!), but the majority of the day I was in the building. I'm kinda wondering if it could be where I was working.

Or it could be an overreaction to all the crap we hear, and like jazzer said, it could have simply been psychosomatic.

Whatever it was, it's gone, I'm fine, and I'm glad I didn't call my doc. She would have thought I was a freak! Thank you all for not making me feel like one!

Lottalove

I stole this from a FB friend
Old 03-26-2020, 08:35 AM

Maybe it will help with your questions and concerns. Stay safe, everyone.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote