Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Finally!

>

Shelby3

Finally!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Our esteemed governor finally made the announcement to close hair salons and barbershops along with tattoo and body piercing and massage businesses. I assumed that many of those businesses were already closed, but I was wrong. He kept saying hair salons were essential work places.
The word is that the governor's wife owns four hair salons and that's why he dragged his feet.

Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 04-04-2020, 11:48 AM

Which state is this? Ours have been closed for a couple of weeks. I heard that our local donut shop is still open. Since when are donuts considered an essential food?
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

We always say
Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM

You can't have crazy without AZ.
As of today we still have drive thru fast food places such as Krispy Kreme and the usual burger places. The Krispy Kreme on my side of town just opened on Mar. 17 and since it's "new", it's always busy. Many restaurants have curbside pick up and delivery. Many chose to close a while back.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 04-04-2020, 12:22 PM

Good that he finally closed them. It will only help with everyone's health in the long-run.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 04-04-2020, 12:30 PM

My state is under a stay at home order and restaurants are all allowed to operate with curbside pickup, drive thru, and delivery only.

Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 04-04-2020, 01:01 PM

I donít understand how a worldwide crisis can affect different states differently. In fact, I donít believe it can.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 04-04-2020, 01:15 PM

Those places have been closed for weeks here! Our restaurants, including fast food places, are still open for carry out even though we are in a stay at home order also. Absolutely everything I've read/heard has said food is safe, and it seems it would be as long as you don't touch your face on the way home, throw away the containers right away and wash your hands thoroughly after that.

Personally, I'm very nervous about the economy moving forward and am just trying to save as much money as I can right now, so I'm not spending on fast food/restaurant meals. I could see that becoming a bad/expensive habit if I start ordering delivery or carrying out food due to boredom- best to just not start! Those meals are no good for my daily calorie count either!
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 04-04-2020, 01:24 PM

The restaurants in my area are only open for takeouts/curbsides too, but I'm seeing that some aren't following the rules.

Do you guys belong to a site called NextDoor? It's a site that tells you about things going on YOUR specific area. I had joined before covid-19 hit, but I read about a couple of restaurants in my city that aren't following the orders. They still seemed to have diners inside the place and/or sitting shoulder-to-shoulder. One of the places was reported and don't know about the other...hopefully so by now. I also read they were going to shut off the power and water of those restaurants that don't abide by orders of having people inside. Good! Shut off their water and power AND give them hefty fines! In fact, this is getting so serious, if it were up to me, I'd ARREST all the restaurant employees AND diners in there because this shows that they're all narcissists who have no regard for the health of anyone like the people still dancing on the beaches, etc.!

Also, just think...for the people ordering takeout and following the rules if they see everyone partying it up at the restaurant when they go to pick up their food. Who knows what kinds of germs are in their food! If I made a phone order and saw a bunch of people at the restaurant when I went to pick it up, I'd tell them to cancel my order and I'd call the police saying they're allowing big groups of diners inside. Glad I've stopped ordering takeout/fast food.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Pick Up Carry Out
Old 04-04-2020, 01:45 PM

Restaurants have been closed to sit down service since March 16th. Later the governor has allowed those establishments with liquor permits to offer take out beer and wine. Yes! We are the state with the liquor stores right on the highways.

I cancelled our hair appointments early on even before they were ordered to close. A hair dresser is up close to multiple people all day long and sick people still want to look good...no thank you!
They should do a booming business once the bans are lifted.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Risa

Self-serving servants of the public
Old 04-04-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I also read they were going to shut off the power and water of those restaurants that don't abide by orders of having people inside.
This has already been happening in California.
Quote:
He kept saying hair salons were essential work places.
The word is that the governor's wife owns four hair salons and that's why he dragged his feet.
It seems some of these governors are putting their own needs and self-interests before the needs of the public that elected them. I sure hope their actions are remembered when re-elections come up again!

Risa is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 04-04-2020, 02:21 PM

I can't believe there are still states not doing shelter in place and have allowed some non-essential businesses to still be open. I don't even believe churches should be allowed to have services. To contain the pandemic we need to stay away from each other as much as possible. For god's sake people are dying by themselves because family cannot be with them
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

SeaGlass

I will be
Old 04-04-2020, 04:02 PM

WHITE by the time this is over! Can't wait to make an appointment for a cut/color!!

Any business that sells food is an essential business. So...Dollar Tree is open!

Someone told me JoAnn's fabrics and Michael's are considered essential. Not sure why?
SeaGlass is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

JoAnne's
Old 04-04-2020, 04:31 PM

Our JoAnne's is open but you have to order on line, call when you get there, and they bring it out to the car. I suppose they have fabric samples online. I didn't check.

I had just read that they had a bin outside their door with free facemask kits. I guess they must have an employee or two still working and cutting the fabric needed for both the masks and online orders.
timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 04-04-2020, 07:30 PM

We have been under a stay at home order for only a few days! The craziest thing is that while most states are not, our governor is allowing churches to hold services! Our denomination has been strongly encouraged not to do that for about 3 weeks now, but many churches I am assuming will take advantage of that. I just don't get it!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote