Help

Retired Teachers

Grocery Shopped

>

mhugs

Grocery Shopped
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We got up at 5:30 and hit the 6:00am time for "old people" and those at risk. Not that many people-store has a limit of customers.
No pasta of any type. Produce prices were high as were meat.

I'm glad to be home and so ready for a NAP!

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Grocery Shopping
Old 04-08-2020, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I went to Whole Foods for senior hour this morning. Virtually everyone was wearing a mask, and it was super crowded. Next time I'll get there at 7 am when it opens.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Rest
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Glad that you are back safe in your home. Take a nap.
Wasn’t it exhausting? I found wearing a mask (a homemade, no sew kind) difficult to wear for that short period of time.
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Glad you got the shopping done
Old 04-08-2020, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hopefully you found enough to stock up and it will last a while. Rest!
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

twinsister

We use Instacart
Old 04-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Instacart has been really nice for us to stay away from the stores. I tried to order a bag of sugar and a pound of butter, but both were gone. Many are having trouble finding flour and yeast. I sent a package of yeast to my former coworker last Saturday. She was so excited to be able to bake bread!

We have been instructed by the gov of PA to stay home and only travel for essential work or for needed supplies. Many in our area are following those guidelines.

Take care and stay safe!

twinsister is offline   Reply With Quote

SusaninNJ

Instacart
Old 04-09-2020, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

No luck with it here. Booking is impossible, both for curbside and delivery. Every time I go it feels like a death sentence!
SusaninNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

getting a grocery pick up time
Old 04-10-2020, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Groceries Online Lessons learned:
#1. Place your order around midnight. Yesterday no days were available for our grocery pick-up! We then tried a little bit after midnight and we have tomorrow as a pick-up date. Yes!

#2. Call the store and ask how busy they are during their senior hours. We asked the store employee who delivered our groceries to our car about their senior hours. He told us that it was crazy busy during senior hours and certainly not great if you wanted to avoid crowds. We won’t be risking inside visits to the grocery store any time soon.

#3. We wear gloves and carry disinfectant wipes with us in the car for grocery pick up. After our groceries are placed in the cleaning station in our garage, we wipe down the car’s handles steering wheel, etc and then toss the gloves.

#4. We cleaned off the tool bench in the garage and use it for disinfecting groceries. Most things can be left in the garage for four to five days but refrigerated container foods are wiped off.

#4. Thank goodness for grocery store employees! We leave a tip $$$ in the hatchback where our groceries are placed. Our store splits the tips with other employees. It’s not much but they deserve, at the very least, a sincere thanks and a tip.

Side note: Did you ever laugh at the TV series Monk? Well, I am now Monk and I laugh at myself every moment of every day. It’s either laugh or cry, isn’t it?

Side, Side Note: I know I may sound like I'm being overly cautious but my city is the state leader in COVID19 cases per capita. We are a "hot spot". It's taking over the health care system of our midsized city. My personal physician has petitioned the governor for extra state help but we have only received token assistance. The National Guard has arrived, for what that's worth.

Last edited by Renea; 04-10-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 04-12-2020, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Our little local store does curbside pickup as long as you have at least a $25 order. They did great job except with the fresh produce. Not as picky as I am. So last Tuesday DH and I went when they opened at 7 am. All the workers wore masks (as did we) and there were only a few people there. We stocked up on a lot of food items— should be good for at least a week or two. When we got home I wiped everything down before putting it away. Grocery shopping this way takes soooo much longer! It costs more too, but that is not a concern. We want to support family owned businesses at this time more than ever.

A local cheese factory does curbside (they call it curdsize ). I ordered a block of sharp cheddar, but for some reason they gave me a carton of sharp cheddar spread which we didn’t discover until we got home. Oh well. It will get used
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote