Help

ARCHIVE

AR bulletin board ideas

>

glinda

AR bulletin board ideas
Old 06-06-2008, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any good ideas for an AR bulletin board? I don't have any specific theme. I would just like something that would be cute and motivational for third graders. Thanks.

glinda is offline   Reply With Quote

connorsmom020

M&M's
Old 06-06-2008, 08:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a m & m board one year. Each point level they reached they got a different colored m&m. 10=red 25=yellow 50=orange 75=blue 100=green

We covered the board with colored circles and put an M stamp in the middle. Each level they got a small package of M&M's or a little prize.
connorsmom020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie06

AR Bulletin board Idea
Old 06-07-2008, 04:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This year the four 5th grade teachers wanted the students to track their AR progress in our hallway. We created a bulletin board titled "StARt Your Engines" The letters 'AR' in "start" were different colors than the rest of the title to let everyone know that this was an AR bulletin board. We covered the back of the bulletin board with a black and white checkered table cloth and uaed a black boarder. Each point value was written on a checkered flag. When students reached the first point value (25 pts) they got their own laminated racecar to pin up on the board. Each time they earned more points they would move their racecar. As a visual aid, each of the classes had different colored racecars. It was fun to watch the students cars move all year. And in fact, one student was so into moving his racecar he has earned over 450 AR points with a 90% average and was principal for a day! The board was really cute and the students loved the fact that it was interactive. Hope this was helpful!
Newbie06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Y

AR poster
Old 06-07-2008, 04:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For my 1st grade,I made mine on just a piece of poster board. I had a camping theme and called it AR Trail. I used clip art from Microsoft and a scrapbooking program I have to decorate it with trees, rocks tents, a campfire, and little wooden signs along the trail. On the signs, I would put numbers 2, 5, 7, 10 on up to 30. When the child reached those points, we would move them to that sign (I had taken a picture of them and cut around it) and they would get a prize. Some examples are a pencil, an eraser, homework passes, candy treats, things that did not cost a lot. If they reached 30, I gave them a dollar in a decorated envelope. They looked forward to seeing who moved up the AR Trail which I would do usually twice a week. My kids really enjoyed this and it really got them motivated to read. I did not make this until sometimes in January. I also laminated the poster so I can use it again. The other 1st grade teachers used a frog theme and an ocean theme. Hope this helps.
Mrs.Y is offline   Reply With Quote

mamahawk

AR Frog Theme
Old 06-07-2008, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My classroom theme was frogs so I put up a board with a large frog sitting on a log (commercial product - maybe Trent??). I surrounded him with smaller frogs sitting on construction paper lily pads. Kids got to put stickers on lily pads for AR points. They loved it.

For home reading points I made a paper chain that hung up around the room. Each link represented 100 minutes of kid's reading. I gave them an ice cream party when the chain circled the room. At the end of the year we took the long chain outside and the kids made a huge circle. One child held up our sign "71,045" minutes and I took their picture from up on the second floor deck.

mamahawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sass in Class

Score with AR...
Old 06-07-2008, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

was the title of my BB. My class theme was sports so, I created a football field with the 0,10, 20, 30,40,50 etc. yard lines. The yard lines represented the number of AR points the students earned. As the students earned AR points his or her football would move down the field. I put numbers on the footballs to represent their number from the class roll. In the end zones was our class name Team Sarpy. The students would earn prizes at every yard line. Hope this helps..
Sass in Class is offline   Reply With Quote

conolley

AR Board
Old 06-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have 4 different colors sheets of paper on the wall under the heading "Take A Look At These AR Superstars." Each sheet of paper is for a different percentage - 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. (I go by percentage and not points for this because of the wide range of reading abilities in my room.) When the kids meet that percentage of their goal they move their a star with their name on it to that sheet. I update the stars each week and the kids enjoyed checking it out on Monday mornings to see if their name had moved. It's really simple, but gave a good visual as to how close they were to meeting their goals.
conolley is offline   Reply With Quote