Help

ARCHIVE

Black History Month Bulletin Board Ideas

>

Miss B.

Black History Month Bulletin Board Ideas
Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any bulletin board ideas for Black History Month? I need famous people coloring pages. Help! Thanks!

Miss B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelia

Old 01-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Miss B., I found some printables on this site:

<http://fun.familyeducation.com/black-history-month/holidays-and-celebrations/32871.html>

I hope this helps you in some way.
Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote

kwh

Dover
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Check out somewhere that carries Dover coloring books. I can find them at Cracker Barrell, Michaels Craft Store, etc. They have an awesome Great African Americans Coloring book with great information. I use it every year!
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote

pinktxteacher

Af. Amer. stamps
Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Depending on your students age and ability, you could let them draw stamps based on famous people.
After my class did research on people, we talked about how the US postal service honors people with a stamp. I found an 8x11 stamp printable somewhere online and had the students draw a stamp to honor their famous person.
We hung them in the hall and everyone loved them.
pinktxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss B.

Thank you!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for all of your help. The website worked very well and I will check for the Dover books. Great idea with the stamps! I am thinking of a way to incorporate those into what I have so far.

Miss B.

Miss B. is offline   Reply With Quote
PewterGal

PewterGal

Black History
Old 01-20-2007, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm working on my bulletin board for Black History month. I came up with the idea from watching David Letterman....His Top 10 list...so, I'm doing my board on the Top 10 African American Inventors...if you type in top 10 African American Inventors you will get a list..On my board I have pictures and a written page about the person and their inventions....so far it's looking very nice..Hope you can use this idea.

FxyWhtCoco

We have a dream...
Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We read Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. Then We wrote an essay about our dreams. I have a dream for myself, my family & my school family (our class). They had to write what the dream was and why they had that dream. We will display our works in the cafeteria with other grade levels' projects.
FxyWhtCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
shelli

shelli

black history month
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am a librarian at an elementary school. I made the Coolest bulletin board to celebrate black history month. I picked the books, "under the quilt of night", "the secret to freedom", and "the patchwork path". They all have to do with a secret quilt code that the slaves would use to escape to freedom. So i made all the individual quilt patches and handed them out to the 4th and 5th graders and they each colored one and brought them back to me and we made a giant quilt . i hung up the book jackets and a title that said "celebrate black history" and "a quilt map to freedom. It turned out great.

Erilynn

Building on that idea...and another
Old 02-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Instead of just inventors, you can do top 10 lists of artists, athletes, politicians, etc. Just about any profession!

At my school, the 4th grade does research on one famous African-American, past or present, then make a poster about him or her, complete with pictures, trivia and sometimes even the background reflects the person (a boxing ring for Muhammad Ali, a running track for Jesse Owens, a microphone for Oprah Winfrey, etc.). After giving their oral reports (where they actually dress up as their person), the posters are hung up on the board and the walls in the hall. Everyone loves it!
Erilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
sunday schoo

sunday schoo

Old 01-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Where did you find the printable on line?

leggs

leggs

Request for Web Site
Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I would love to get the printable stamp web site.
alliars

alliars

Corridor Contest
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We are having a corridor contest at my school to decorate the hallways with a Black History/Women's History Month theme. These ideas are so great and I really appreciate them. I am thinking of doing the quilt and each class can look at a different book. Also the stamps and the Top 10 ideas are great! Any additional ideas are welcome!!!
PeggyLM

PeggyLM

Thanks You Made My Month
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

You don't know how much your idea has hepled me I was stuck finding a Heading for my board. I am using your title or Letterman's and changing the top ten weekly will keep it going through march.

Great Job!
Peggy